Chapter 71 - The 6th Floor!

*Splurt!*

The short sword pierced the monster's body. This fatal blow caused the creature to instantly dissipate into the air, leaving behind only a purple-blue magic stone fragment on the ground.

"Alright, that's the last one. Pick up the dropped items, and let's take a short break."

Riveria, observing Ais's progress, felt very satisfied.

Over the past week, Luke and Ais's performance truly showcased what it meant to be a genius in Riveria's eyes.

Luke was understandable. Even before becoming an adventurer, he already possessed considerable strength, and his current performance was to be expected.

However, Ais was different.

A week ago, although she was more outstanding than typical novice adventurers, she still fell within the category of a 'newcomer.'

But now, observing Ais's skillful performance on the 5th floor, it was hard to label her as a mere 'rookie.'

Whether in combat capability or familiarity with the dungeon, both Luke and Ais were improving at a remarkable pace.

At this rate, Riveria, who had been trying to restrain them from progressing to deeper floors too quickly, might have made a mistake.

Sitting on a rock, Riveria watched Luke and Ais picking up their 'spoils,' contemplating whether to take them to the 6th floor ahead of schedule.

On the other side,

After picking up the dropped items on the ground and preparing to find a rock to sit on, Luke was approached by Ais.

"Give them to me; I'll hold them."

Ais gently tugged at Luke's sleeve, extending her hands towards him.

Perhaps aware that she was the weakest and least useful in this trio, Ais was exceptionally proactive in other matters.

One of the most typical examples was carrying the loot.

Knowing her role was relatively minor, Ais always volunteered for the 'logistic' tasks.

She hoped that by making efforts in these areas, she could contribute to the team.

Carrying more loot would obviously affect Ais's movements due to the increased weight, but it was also a form of training.

With Riveria and Luke watching nearby, there was no danger, so they allowed Ais to do this willingly.

As a result, Ais, who originally intended to contribute more to the team, unknowingly turned her actions into a form of exercise observed by Riveria and Luke.

However, Ais remained completely unaware of this.

She was simply happy to be helping the team.

Riveria and Luke couldn't bear to reveal the truth to her, and so the three of them maintained this unspoken understanding.

Luke looked at Ais's outstretched hand, smiled at her, and then placed the recently collected loot into Ais's hands.

"Then I'll leave these to you, but make sure to hold them securely."

"Umm, got it!"

Watching Ais vigorously nod with a cute expression, even Riveria couldn't help but smile.

...

The break didn't last long, and soon the three of them entered the monster-grinding phase again.

However, this time, influenced by Luke and Ais's performance, Riveria decided to take them to the 6th floor.