Chapter 98 - The Passage of Time

"What happened?"

Bete climbed up from the ground, pondering the recent events.

"I should have kicked him, so why am I the one getting blasted away?"

In the previous strike, because Luke didn't use Prana, Bete felt that the power behind it wasn't significant.

This realization prompted him to increase his leg strength for the second strike, intending to blast Luke away. However, the result was Bete being the one sent flying instead.

Bete looked at Luke, tightening his posture, no longer underestimating him as an ordinary level 1 adventurer.

Then he started accelerating.

[Fenris Wolf]

- Enhances movement speed

[Solmani]

- Improves strength and speed at acceleration.

These two skills were awakened when Bete upgraded to Level 2, forming a rare set that produced a combination effect.

The Fenris Wolf enhanced his speed, triggering the effects of Solmani.

As Bete's speed increased, his strength and agility attributes rose.

Bete continued accelerating without stopping until he reached the limit of his speed.

With the strongest strike possible, he charged at Luke.

During this process, Luke did not interfere with Bete's preparations.

Bete was formidable, with dual specialization in speed and strength, and the combined boost of both skills.

Even as a newly promoted Level 2, Bete could easily defeat most adventurers of the same level.

However, this alone was not enough to contend against Luke, who used Prana.

Facing Bete's fierce all-out attack, Luke raised the Sword Sheath of Tranquility, emitting a blue starlight.

Boom!

Once again, the metal-made combat boots clashed against the sword sheath.

However, unlike last time, this time Bete felt like he kicked a metal wall.

The full blow was like a stone sinking into the ocean, without causing a single wave.

"What's going on?"

Incredulous, Bete couldn't believe there was such a huge gap between him and a Level 1 adventurer.

However, before he could make the next move, the unsheathed standard sword in Luke's left hand struck him in the stomach along with a trail of blue starlight.

...

"What just happened?"

It seemed like the second time Bete pondered this question today.

Bete's consciousness gradually recovered from the darkness as he covered his stomach and got up from the ground.

"Hmm? You're awake, huh? Are you okay?"

Bete's movements caught Luke's attention.

He set down the training equipment in his hands and walked over to the werewolf.

"What are these... Did I lose?"

Bete, who had just regained consciousness, was still a bit confused, but soon he realized his current situation.