Chapter 97: Practicing with Bete

"Are you trying to pick a fight?!" Bete's fur stood up in anger.

"Calm down. Weren't you the one who started saying such things in the first place?"

"Tch, just good at talking."

Luke's words infuriated Bete, but he refrained from taking action.

After all, he was the one who mocked Luke in the first place.

Since he could mock others, naturally, others could mock him back.

Bete knew that Luke was reminding him of the mistake he had just made.

"Damn it..."

Bete, feeling somewhat irritated, sat back down, scratched his head, and took a big sip of mead before speaking to Luke, "Tch, alright, I was wrong to misunderstand you earlier, I apologize."

"I accept your apology then."

Bete's somewhat unwilling apology made Luke chuckle.

It had been a while since he had casually chatted with someone.

After coming to this world, Luke was surrounded by god, seniors, and a loli.

There was no one around him who could truly have a relaxed conversation with him.

"Let's formally introduce ourselves. I'm Luke, a newcomer to Loki Familia."

Bete looked at Luke's outstretched hand in a daze.

"Are you kidding? Are you planning to be friends with me? Only the weak would engage in such behavior of huddling together for warmth, and I am..."

"But 'wolves' are social animals, right?"

Luke's words silenced Bete, who seemed to be reminiscing about the lost members of his tribesmen and relatives.

Hesitating for a while, he finally shook Luke's hand.

"I'm Bete Loga, the newly appointed leader of Vidar Familia, a Level 2 adventurer."

"Leader, huh? Quite impressive, Bete."

"Nonsense. That's because I'm the only high-class adventurer, and I have no choice but to be the leader. Otherwise, who would be willing to take care of those guys who haven't made any progress?"

Perhaps due to the formal introduction just now, the relationship between Luke and Bete became closer.

"However, as the Familia leader, is it appropriate for you to slack off here in broad daylight?"

Luke had not heard of Vidar Familia, but according to Bete, it should be a low-class Familia where he is the only Level 2 adventurer.

In Orario, there are many Familias where all members are Level 1 adventurers, like this one.

It's worth noting that at the beginning of the plot nine years later, any Familia with a Level 3 adventurer can be called the backbone of Orario.

In the current chaotic era, the changes brought about by having a Level 2 adventurer in the Familia are significant.

"Who's slacking off? I just upgraded to Level 2, so my God ordered me to take some time off."

"Saying something like 'excessive pursuit of strength is not a good thing, occasionally you need to rest,' tch, what's wrong with quickly becoming stronger?"

Although Bete kept complaining that there was no need for him to rest, he obediently took a break as per his God's instruction.

"You accuse me of slacking off, but aren't you slacking off too? Instead of struggling in the dungeon as a Level 1 newbie, you're hanging around in the city."