Chapter 124 - Time to Fight Back!

Riveria's fist slammed onto the table with a resounding bang, holding back the anger bubbling within her as she faced Finn.

"Are you serious, Finn?!"

Though Riveria was on the verge of exploding, Finn remained firm in his decision.

"I'm not kidding, Riveria."

"I'm not sending reinforcements to the dungeon."

"I plan to use this opportunity to rid Orario of Evilus's influence."

Finn Deimne, known as the Braver, leader of one of the city's strongest Familias, stood unwavering.

He knew that as long as he carried this "responsibility," he could never become a true "hero."

After firmly stating his decision, Finn softened his tone.

"And besides, don't let worry and anger cloud your judgment, Riveria!"

"Sending reinforcements to the dungeon now would be too late."

Even a first-class adventurer would take a day to reach the lower floors where Luke and the others were.

With this delay, any aid would arrive after the event concluded.

"Since sending reinforcements wouldn't help, we shouldn't waste our strength on it."

"Evacuation from the 18th floor has already begun, and they have the best chance to catch up to the battle."

Of course, Riveria grasped this simple truth instantly.

"But... Ais and Luke are still in the dungeon."

Seeing Riveria shaken and hesitant was rare. The usually serious and imposing mage in Orario showed vulnerability.

Finn exchanged a glance with Gareth, who sat beside him.

Upon receiving Finn's signal, Gareth reluctantly stood up, stroking his beard, and said:

"Alright, Riveria, look at yourself now, crying and being annoying."

"That's why I say elves are so annoying. Tsk, tsk, look at you now, where's the style of being the vice-captain of Loki Familia?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

Finn covered his face with his hands at Gareth's words. He wanted Gareth to distract Riveria, but not like this.

Gareth immediately regretted his words. It was a habit of his to banter like this, given their elf and dwarf identities.

He often engaged in such banter with Riveria, but he didn't mean to mock her.

"..."

Finn and Gareth both wondered if Riveria would suddenly explode.

However, Riveria didn't unleash a high-level magic spell on them as they expected.

Instead, she took a deep breath, trying to bury her emotions deep inside.

Taking another deep breath to calm down, she knew Finn and Gareth were right.

Riveria shot Gareth a glare and left the room.

"I'm going back to my room to get my equipment. Call me when it's time to set off."

In the end, she decided to follow Finn's instruction and expel Evilus's forces from the city.

As for Luke and Ais, Riveria could only silently pray for their safety.