Chapter 99 - Denatus!

Time flies, and in the blink of an eye, nearly a year has passed since Luke and Ais joined the Loki Familia.

During this time, Luke has led a stable daily life.

However, today is different; it is a relatively special event compared to his usual routine over the past year.

It is the convening of the 'Denatus.'

The central hall of the Tower of Babel, a towering white tower in the labyrinth city Orario, located on its 30th floor, serves as the venue for the Denatus.

The Denatus is a meeting of the Gods held once every three months.

However, rather than a meeting, it is more like a tea party.

During the Denatus, the gods exhibit their whimsical natures, speaking without restraint, and sometimes making shocking statements.

Of course, they occasionally discuss serious matters, such as proposing or reviewing the 'activities' organized by the city.

In addition, there may be emergency situations that require the presence of gods.

In most cases, the most important and eagerly anticipated project in the Denatus is organized by this group of unrestrained gods and is closely linked to the adventurers' fame—the 'Naming Ceremony.'

The conditions for participation are that at least one member of the 'Familia' must be a high-class adventurer, meaning only gods with at least one Lv2 member are allowed to participate in the 'Naming Ceremony.'

The number of Familia members who promoted and elevated their 'vessel' directly affects the gods' status in the mortal world, as it involves the god's accomplishment in competing against other gods.

Because the rise in level even somewhat implies getting closer to becoming a divine being, so with more higher leveled members, other gods will also recognize the achievements of this god.

(PS: I always felt that this was foreshadowing, but the original work did not explore it further.)

The Naming Ceremony is used to determine the adventurer's alias.

Every time an adventurer elevates their 'vessel,' meaning after a successful upgrade in level, they have the opportunity to be bestowed with or modify their existing 'alias.'

So, the Denatus is also the meeting to declare the alias of a newly promoted adventurer.

Perhaps due to receiving prior notice and knowing that this Naming Ceremony is particularly special, the number of gods attending this Denatus can be said to be exceptionally high.

"Wow, Freya is here!?"

"Amazing! She's beautiful as usual! Ahhh!!!"

"Look, Ishtar is also here!"

"Thank the heavens, what a feast for our eyes!"

Even some rarely seen gods are all present in this Denatus.

The meeting hall occupies the entire floor, with a massive space supported by several huge pillars reaching up to the ceiling.

The surrounding walls are made of a transparent structure, allowing a panoramic view of the sky from the 30th floor.

At first glance, it looks like a temple floating in the sky.

Gods, appearing one after another through the only entrance, gather around the round table placed in the center of the hall.

There is an orange-haired male god with a cynical smile on his face, and there is also a weird god who shouts "I am Ganesha!"

There are also male gods who jokingly prostrate themselves at the feet of the two 'goddesses of beauty' with silver and purple hair, and many goddesses rolling their eyes at these unsightly male gods.