Chapter 126 - Don't You Have Anything to Say?

"Here you go."

"Ah, thank you."

Luke took the cup of water passed by Riveria and drank it all in one gulp.

His body was fatigued, his spirit was hazy, and the aftereffects of overusing Prana were faithfully reflected in him.

"How is Ais?"

"She woke up the day after you brought her back."

Mentioning Ais, Riveria frowned and asked Luke in a slightly serious tone, "Don't you have anything else to say?"

Luke was startled by Riveria's question.

He glanced at her and then suddenly realized and thanked her, "Uh, thank you for taking care of me these past few days..."

"That's not what I meant!"

Bang!

A wand as tall as a person slammed heavily onto the ground, and Riveria, somewhat embarrassed and angry, said, "Raul and Aki were the ones taking care of you. You should thank them instead of me."

"Did you think I would personally take care of you!"

However, what Riveria didn't tell him was that she was indeed the one who initially took care of him.

But later on, because she was not very experienced in caring for the injured, leading to some clumsiness, she had no choice but to switch with Raul and Aki.

This incident was even mocked by Loki, Finn, and Gareth for an entire day.

Luke's thanks inadvertently brought back her unpleasant memories of the past few days.

"Eh, was it Raul and Aki?"

"It seems I need to properly thank them later."

"I saw you first when I woke up, so I thought you were definitely the one taking care of me."

Realizing he thanked the wrong person and seemed to upset Riveria, Luke scratched his head awkwardly.

"Never mind, let's talk about the important matter."

Riveria looked at his reaction, sighed, and didn't continue to dwell on it.

"What exactly happened to you and Ais in the dungeon?"

Returning to the serious topic, Riveria's face regained its solemn expression.

"The dungeon? Ais didn't tell you?"

"If that child was willing to speak, would I have specially come to ask you?"

Riveria felt helpless; Ais seemed fine after being brought back from the dungeon by Luke.

However, no matter how Riveria and the others asked, Ais just wouldn't mention anything that happened there.

During this period, she even came to see Luke alone and quietly.

After finding Luke lying motionless on the bed, Ais became even more unwilling to speak, appearing as if she had lost her soul.

This obviously worrying change made Riveria and the others very concerned.

But they couldn't intervene without knowing the reason.

"Our healer guessed that you would probably wake up today, so I came here especially to wait for you to regain your consciousness," Riveria said to Luke with a heavy sense of apology and concern, "I know it's not appropriate to ask these things as soon as you've woken up."