Chapter 69 - Expansion of the Familia's Base!

Riveria, accompanied by Luke and Ais, emerged from the dungeon.

Upon exiting, their first order of business was to exchange their loot for money.

The Money Exchange, also known as the Currency Exchange, is located on the first floor of the Tower of Babel, within the adventurer's guild office hall.

Its purpose is to reclaim magic stones and materials obtained by adventurers in the dungeon, following the corresponding prices.

Of course, adventurers have the choice to sell these drop items to the guild or not.

In the case of prominent Familia like the Loki Familia, one of the top Familias in Orario, they have trade relations with many commerce-oriented Familias, allowing adventurers to sell their gains to these partners.

As they progress deeper into the middle and lower floors of the dungeon, monster materials and dropped items become scarce.

Magic stones maintain a stable value, acting as a hard currency with fixed prices.

However, dropped items and dungeon materials vary.

Monster materials can be used to craft equipment, and rare drop items can even be used to craft "first-class" equipment used by top-tier adventurers like Finn.

These rare materials are often brought back to their own Familias for internal use.

However, the magic stone fragments and dropped items that Luke and Ais brought from the first floor have limited value.

It's more efficient for them to exchange them for money directly at the guild's counter.

Considering they only spent around 4-5 hours in the dungeon today, their earnings are not substantial.

Nevertheless, this marks their first income as adventurers, and theoretically, they should be happy.

However, the atmosphere among the three seems somewhat heavy.

The main factor for this change is undoubtedly Ais.

Compared to her obedient and cheerful demeanor when they first arrived in the dungeon, Ais, who was enthusiastic about monster hunting, now seems a bit depressed and low-spirited.

It's clear that Ais hasn't fully recovered from the harsh reality she experienced before.

Walking silently through the streets, the three of them lack the relaxed and casual atmosphere they had on their way here before.

Even Riveria is feeling a bit of regret now.

She is reflecting on whether her teaching was too aggressive.

However, Ais has chosen to become an adventurer, and this path was of her own choosing.

As long as she intends to enter the dungeon, sooner or later, she will learn about the harsh reality.

It might take a day or two, maybe a week or two, but definitely not too long.

Because this kind of 'malice' among adventurers is too common in the dungeon.

Thinking about it now is useless.

What needs to be done at the moment is to divert Ais's attention from this matter so that she doesn't dwell on it.

After making up her mind, Riveria casually spoke to Luke and Ais, "Speaking of which, the time for you two to join Loki Familia is just right."

"Huh? What do you mean? Is Loki Familia planning some event?"