Chapter 111 - Possible New Team Member?

In general, the minimum team size for dungeon exploration is three adventurers, which is the recommended configuration by the Adventurer's Guild.

A party of three consists of an attacker, a defender, and a supporter, working together as a team.

The attacker takes the lead in attacking the monster, while the defender is responsible for defending against the monster's counterattacks or assisting the attacker as per need.

The supporter provides long-range assistance, and is responsible for using potions to heal when the two front-line members are injured.

This is the case when the team is in a passive situation.

As long as the supporter has the ability to kill monsters, even if they encounter multiple monsters, they can still break through the deadlock by having the two front-line members rotate their defense and wait for the supporter to eliminate the remaining monsters.

But, if the team is reduced to two adventurers, the burden on both will become heavier.

The attacker will no longer have anyone to help defend against the monster's counterattacks and assist in attacking, and the supporter will lose protection and be unable to safely provide long-range support.

Without a defender, it is even more difficult to break through a deadlock once the party is in a passive situation.

Therefore, for ordinary adventurers, exploring the dungeon requires a team of at least three members.

Adding a teammate is more meaningful than increasing individual strength.

In the deeper areas beyond the 37th floor, this requirement becomes even stricter.

The minimum recommended configuration for the deep floors is four people, and if possible, one of them should be a healer.

Luke and Ais belong to a party without a defender.

However, compared to ordinary adventurers, Luke and Ais have never been in a passive situation, so they have never really experienced the advantages of a multi-person team in this regard.

But if you ask if they have had any problems because of their small number, then of course there have been some.

That is, during the rest period.

This is actually one of the main reasons why the guild encourages a team of three adventurers to explore the dungeon.

In the dungeon, the attacks of monsters are endless and never stop.

The upper floors are fine, and the first half of the middle floors are also tolerable, but once you enter the second half of the middle floors, which is the floors after the 'Large Tree Labyrinth',

The density, refresh rate and attack frequency of monsters will increase drastically.

As mentioned before, resting in a non-safe floor of the dungeon requires finding a 'place' with only one entrance, such as a cave, a tree hole, or a chamber.

Then, one person guards the entrance, another destroys the wall, and the remaining one rests in a rotating manner to recover their strength.

However, this method has a very important prerequisite, and that is the three-person rotation system.

With only two people, Luke and Ais, it is obviously very difficult to use this method.

This is also the main reason why Riveria is worried about them.