Chapter 122: The Beginning of The Nightmare on the 27th Floor!

"Something's not right."

After finishing their lunch and repairs, Luke and his companions once again headed towards the lower floors.

However, this time, they walked for a long time, and even after entering the 26th floor, they did not encounter any monsters.

"Stop moving forward!"

Alise furrowed her brows and instructed the mage in her Familia:

"Celty, cast your magic on the water pool in the distance. Don't use too much power; I just want to see the effect."

"Okay, Captain!"

The casting speed of an ordinary mage is slow, but since there were no monsters to interfere, the casting was completed smoothly.

Boom—!

Hiss hiss hiss—!

The magic flames struck the surface of the water, causing a huge splash and the sound of water evaporating as they met.

Something was terribly wrong.

"There's not a single monster in the waters of Water City?"

"How is that possible? Where did all the monsters go?"

As the members of Astraea Familia were puzzled, dense footsteps came from behind.

Numerous adventurers had caught up from behind.

"Look ahead, there seems to be someone!"

"They look like the team from Astraea Familia."

A large group of adventurers stopped in front of Luke and Alise's team.

Alise was surprised to see them.

"Are you... teaming up to conquer the dungeon?"

It was not surprising that she was shocked; she had already seen seven or eight different Familia badges at a glance at the other side.

And the number of adventurers...

Alise looked at the huge team, unable to comprehend how they had managed to agree on cooperation.

"Teaming up? What a joke. Do you think adventurers of this number from different Familias would team up?"

"It's the monsters! The monsters on the floor above have gone totally berserk!"

A middle-aged man, who seemed to be the temporary leader of the large team, stepped forward to explain:

"In the middle floors, starting from the 19th floor, all the monsters, for some reason, started moving desperately to the lower floors."

"All exploring teams of adventurers were attacked. However, a few lucky individuals managed to break through and return to the 18th floor; the rest were driven downwards by the overwhelming number of monsters."

"Our current team is mostly made up of adventurers who were displaced from the middle floors by monsters."

A monster riot! An endless horde of monsters was approaching them.

As the middle-aged man urgently explained the dire situation, Alise was stunned by the horrifying reality of what they were about to face.

"Do you mean an army of monsters is still behind you?"

After hearing the explanation, a look of grave concern settled on her face. If that was the case, wasting time here would be foolish.

"They are not too close behind us. For some reason, monsters on the 25th and 26th floors have disappeared."