Chapter 80 - The Beginning of the Expedition!

As the expedition was scheduled to take place in three days, during this time, members of Loki Familia were primarily engaged in preparing for the upcoming venture.

Luke's daily life didn't change much; the only difference was that the time spent in the dungeon was relatively reduced, leaving him with some time to rest and recharge.

On the other hand, Ais, upon learning that she would participate in the expedition with the team, appeared exceptionally excited.

She was always more enthusiastic than anyone else about delving into the dungeon and defeating monsters.

...

The three days passed quickly.

The final number of participants in the expedition was confirmed to be 29.

The target of this expedition was located on the 37th floor: Monster Rex Udaeus.

"Finn, with the current strength of our team, challenging Udaeus, isn't that a bit rushed?"

While on the way to the dungeon, Gareth walked beside Finn and asked him.

Finn nodded at first, then shook his head.

"I know Udaeus has a potential ability value as high as level 6, and as a Floor Boss, its strength far exceeds that of an ordinary level 6 monster."

"However, we indeed need to pick up the pace."

"I heard that Vice Captain Ottar from Freya Familia might be close to leveling up."

"What?"

Finn's words made Gareth inhale sharply.

Now, Loki Familia and Freya Familia, jointly considered the strongest factions in Orario, were so designated because they had more than one first-class adventurer.

Freya Familia had two, one level 5 and one level 6, serving as the Familia's captain and vice-captain, respectively.

Loki Familia also had three, which were Finn, Gareth, and Riveria, all at Lv5.

(PS: They became level 6 7 years before the start of the storyline. So, let's assume they're only level 5 now.)

Loki Familia and Freya Familia, both consisting of a small but elite group of members.

Therefore, a change in high-end combat strength indicates a shift in the Familia's overall power.

If Ottar, serving as vice-captain, were to upgrade to level 7 while Finn and his group remained unchanged, it might not pose an immediate concern.

However, over time, their status as one of the strongest could be at risk.

The challenge against Udaeus this time was Finn's plan for the trio to level up.

...

The expedition team quickly entered the dungeon.

With their large numbers, the movements and noises they made during their journey attracted a multitude of monsters.

Facing these monsters from the novice and even upper floors, Finn and his group had no intention of fighting.

Not even the level 3 adventurers in the team were eager to fight these small fries.

After all, one of the main objectives of the expedition was training.

Luke's current task was simple– slicing through these monsters.

As he observed Ais charging into the monsters with emotionless determination, he followed closely behind her.

Swoosh!