Chapter 120: The Astounded Astraea Familia!

Ryuu, who insists on justice without compromise, and Kaguya, who also holds justice but has made compromises due to the cruel reality, quietly await the outcome of their debate.

Lyra, who is indifferent to their argument, and Alise, who always manages to lead the Familia on the correct path between ideals and reality, are the core members of Astraea Familia.

"Your name is Luke Ashburn, right?"

Luke, standing to the side, is somewhat baffled as the group of girls has not given him much chance to interject since the conversation began.

Thus, when Alise speaks to him, he feels a mix of relief and amusement that it's finally his turn.

However, what Alise proposes next takes Luke by surprise.

"If you don't mind, would you like to collaborate with us to explore the dungeon?"

The redhead girl has integrated the information from the previous conversation and, after observing Luke and Ais, extends an invitation without hesitation.

"Having only two people in a team must pose significant difficulties in gathering materials and dropped items. If we collaborate, we can handle the transportation."

"In return, we need the combat strength that allows the two of you to be in the lower floors of the dungeon."

"Of course, I swear by the name of goddess Astraea."

"Even if you refuse, we will not harbor any resentment, nor will we take this Under Coral before you."

Alise's demeanor shifts from her usual lively and cheerful image.

Her sincere invitation and explanation calmed the argument between Kaguya and Ryuu.

Honestly, Luke is surprised.

"Do you trust us that much?"

"In the dungeon, especially in the dangerous lower floors, inviting strangers to join the team is not a wise decision."

"Can you tell me your reasons?"

Seeing that Luke is not resentful because of Kaguya's harsh words but chooses to engage in conversation calmly, Alise immediately reverts to her original tone.

"Hehe, it's not that I trust you guys."

"It's because Lion doesn't dislike you that I judged you two are not bad people."

"After all, she's an elf, and our Lion is particularly strict. Having met a few times without being disliked proves you're not bad."

"Alise!"

Hearing the captain joking about herself in front of strangers makes Ryuu blush.

She knows she's not good at interacting with others, but that doesn't mean Alise can say such things to strangers.

"But what really reassured you was seeing that I wasn't angry because of your team member's comments, right?"

"Ah, you've seen through me."

Luke sighs. Such a significant change in attitude is apparent to anyone.

Regardless, Luke is indeed tempted by Alise's proposal.

Having a team capable of operating in the lower floors to carry items could double the dungeon's rewards for Luke and Ais's team.

Moreover, the other party belongs to the team of goddess Astraea Familia.

Just seeing Alise and Ryuu's attitudes is enough for Luke to trust them fundamentally.

As long as they do not betray his team, even if they don't help fight and only handle transportation, it's a win-win situation for Luke and Ais.