Chapter 115 Ais: Craving Snacks

In the end, Luke and Ais were unable to find the rare species' dropped item.

Maybe it was really bad luck because, during their search, they didn't find any remnants of destroyed dropped items.

"Alright, we can't waste any more time. We need to get to the shelter on the 24th floor before nightfall."

Having not found it for so long, Luke was pretty sure that the Bloody Hive didn't drop any material. Feeling that enough time had passed, he called Ais to prepare to leave.

The final verdict was that no item/material was dropped, which relieved Ais, though she felt somewhat disappointed for not gaining any profit, but she was no longer blaming herself.

"Okay, let's go."

After adjusting her clothing, Ais followed Luke towards the shelter.

As they passed through the area littered with magic stones from the Deadly Hornets, not only Luke but also Ais sighed.

Such a fortune just lying there, who knows which group of adventurers would benefit from it next – the thought alone made them feel sorry.

Although they weren't particularly focused on money, it didn't mean they liked to waste it.

Every time they encountered such a situation, Luke and Ais would consider the idea of bringing a supporter.

But that was just a thought. They couldn't even find a new teammate, let alone a supporter.

Scattered on the ground were not only magic stones and dropped items but also parts of monster corpses.

When Luke first entered the dungeon, he was puzzled by the fact that monsters turned to black smoke and dissipated after death.

It wasn't that monsters turned into black smoke upon death; rather, it was Luke himself who caused it.

Normally, monsters would leave behind corpses. There are only two scenarios in which a monster's body dissipates.

One is when the magic stone inside the body or its corpse is shattered or extracted, causing the monster's body to turn into black smoke and disappear.

The other scenario occurs frequently with Luke and Ais.

Excessive damage, also known as 'overkill'.

This phenomenon generally occurs when high-level adventurers attack lower-level monsters.

Simply put, it's when a monster receives damage in an amount equal to or even exceeding the level of its magic stone in one go, causing it to dissipate just like when a magic stone is destroyed.

...

Following the official route of the 24th floor, Luke and Ais, near a fork in the way, found their destination, the shelter marked on the guild-provided map.

Using Ser-Veresta to slice through a huge tree in front revealed a very spacious hollow space.

This hollow space is one of the shelters recommended by the guild on the 24th floor.

The area of the hollow space was comparable to a large hall.

Around it, one could see some small white flowers and leaves, along with a sprinkling of herbs.

Three meters above, the dome-shaped wooden structure was covered in 'light moss' emitting a blue-green light.

"Let's drink some water and rest a bit first. You must have used quite a bit of magic reserve and stamina by using the third stage of 'Ariel'."