Chapter 67 - The Difference Between Monster and Human!

"Roar!"

The Kobold leaped out of the wall and pounced on Ais, who seemed the easiest to bully among the three.

However, Riveria, who stood in the front, showed no intention of stopping and simply sidestepped the incoming Kobold.

The monster roared as it charged towards Ais.

Ais stood still, somewhat stunned, apparently not expecting the monster to rush towards her.

Swish!

Plop!

Before the Kobold could reach Ais, Luke swiftly cut it in two halves with his sword.

A 'magic stone shard/fragment' fell to the ground, making a 'ding' sound upon impact. At the same time, Riveria's slightly admonishing words echoed.

"This is your first lesson, vigilance."

"In the dungeon, anything can happen at any time. The moment you step into the dungeon, even on the first floor, signifies that you are in danger."

"Remember, never let your guard down at any moment!"

The glow on Riveria's wand slowly dissipated. She glanced at Luke and then at Ais.

She then said to Ais, "Ais, for now, you'll be the supporter for the team. Pick up the 'magic stone fragment,' and let's continue moving forward."

Ais, without saying a word, stared at the 'magic stone fragment' left behind by the disappearing monster.

After a few seconds, a hint of determination flashed in her eyes.

Ais let go of Luke's clothes, walked forward, put the 'magic stone fragment' into the pocket she carried, and then reached for the 'short sword' at her waist.

In a vigilant posture, she followed behind Riveria and Luke.

A supporter is a non-combatant who enters the dungeon with adventurers. They typically handle carrying luggage, backup weapons and equipment, provide support using items, and collect magic stones. They play a crucial role in the team.

Some novice adventurers may also double as part-time supporters for higher-leveled adventurers within their Familia or be employed as full-time supporters by the team.

The latter are often those who no longer serve as adventurers for various reasons, and thus are looked down upon by some adventurers and treated maliciously.

...

Riveria observed Ais's changes, seemingly indifferent on the surface as she continued walking forward, silently nodding in her heart.

In the dungeon, the appearance of many monsters is often very sudden—walls, bushes, corners, and even under your feet could pose a danger.

Staying vigilant is the first thing every adventurer must do. Failure to do so can lead to death.

The fact that Ais quickly realized this issue seemed to exceed Riveria's expectations.

As for Luke, Riveria glanced at him with her peripheral vision.

Compared to a pure novice adventurer, Luke did show a bit more vigilance, but he hadn't reached the level of experienced adventurers.

However, he possessed a formidable strength that most higher-leveled adventurers didn't have.

This meant that, in the upper levels of the dungeon, even without much vigilance, Luke wouldn't encounter unexpected situations that he couldn't handle.