Ch 8: Keeping it this way is not acceptable.

Late Lee Hee-seo.

Debuting as a 17-year-old member of a four-member idol group, she quickly rose to stardom with just her face being the talk of the town. Rumors like 'there's a really pretty person in the group' spread, and after debuting, the group grew to become the top idol group of the time, handling busy schedules.

The group, which had been succeeding continuously, suddenly disbanded due to the company president's embezzlement, and after a two-year hiatus, Lee Hee-seo transitioned to acting.

Lee Hee-seo's Glorious Comeback

'Twinkle' Lee Hee-seo Returns to Film After 2 Years

Lee Hee-seo's comeback was featured prominently in newspapers. Her debut film, 'Happy Farewell,' captured both artistic success and box office success, sweeping rookie awards at various film festivals and acting awards ceremonies.

In that era before the internet became prevalent, she possessed a beautiful face and an elusive atmosphere, to the extent that serious discussions about overseas expansion were held with just one magazine photo.

-Lee Hee-seo is really beautiful.

-She's stunningly beautiful; honestly, people with such a face won't come out again.

-I acknowledged Yoo Yeon-seo's face, but who does she resemble? Oh, it's his mom's profile.

Even now, when people from that generation are about to forget Lee Hee-seo's name, pictures would surface, eliciting admiration from those unfamiliar with that era.

Not only her looks but also her talent—Lee Hee-seo was a proficient dancer and main vocalist in the idol group. Critics didn't spare praise, saying her acting ability was overshadowed by her face.

However, after half a year of sudden disappearance, the announcement shook public opinion.

Lee Hee-seo, Jung Sung Group Vice President Yoo Geon-min, and the 'Pink Romance'

Lee Hee-seo - Yoo Geon-min, Heir to the Jung Group, Marriage of the Top Star and the Chaebol Heir, 'Modern Cinderella'

The marriage between the actress who had practically conquered South Korea and the heir to the country's top corporation was featured extensively in the media and was famous enough that there was hardly anyone who didn't know about it.

-But why get married suddenly? Probably because he's a chaebol?

- Marriage for money, I guess. 

-I thought she had principles, but in the end, it's about money. Aren't all celebrities like that?

-I heard during her school days, Lee Hee-seo was known for flaunting money. 

-Even after her debut, there were rumors that she debuted to marry a wealthy person.

There were many rumors.

After retiring from the entertainment industry following her marriage, Lee Hee-seo, without responding to any rumors, lived well, giving birth to two sons.

Yoo Eun-ho and Yoo Yeon-seo, resembling Lee Hee-seo a lot, drew attention from other chaebol families from a young age.

Step Aside, Lee Hee-seo! 'Next-Generation Diva' Im Yoon-joo, a Splendid Return

From the Attractive North, Actress Debut for Choi Na-yeon... Aiming for Post-Lee Hee-seo

Afterwards, many celebrities tried to take Lee Hee-seo's place, but there was no one with the same 'star' quality. Lee Hee-seo remained an undried story even after retirement.