Ch 70

The day after Chairman Yoo tested Lee Taekyeom and had a conversation with Im Seunghyun, Yoo Eunho visited the hospital where Yoo Yeonseo had been hospitalized.

"To be honest, it's difficult to say exactly what Yeonseo's condition is... It's quite unusual."

His visit was significant enough to reach the hospital director. Yoo Eunho's questions were answered by the professor who had been Yoo Yeonseo's attending physician and the professor of psychiatry.

"If he had lost that much memory, it wouldn't be surprising if there was serious damage to the brain, but fortunately, there was no such anomaly. And his memory hasn't deteriorated at all."

He found himself in a cheap position, having miraculously survived on the brink of death.

"On the other hand, his temperament is calm... but he seems confused and anxious because nothing comes to mind, sometimes even creating false memories. Is your brother like that?"

"No."

If he had fabricated false memories, there was no way Yoo Eunho wouldn't have noticed.

"I see... We suggested hypnosis or drug-induced counseling to recover his memories, but he refused. How is he doing now?"

"He's fine. He's gradually recalling old memories."

"That's a relief. Sometimes it takes a long time to retrieve lost memories..."

Yoo Eunho glanced at his watch. The appointment time was approaching.

"I wonder if I came here for no reason."

"No, it was nice to see you, too."

As he stood up, the hospital director and professors also stood up.

"Please give my regards to the Chairman."

"Yes."

After leaving the hospital, Yoo Eunho didn't return to the company but headed elsewhere.

He sat in a cafe on the second floor, waiting for someone. Some people recognized him and took pictures, but Yoo Eunho drank his coffee as if nothing had happened.

"Yoo Eunho. You're still quite popular."

"Baek Seojun. It's been a while."

He smiled faintly as he looked at the person sitting opposite him. Baek Seojun, as he was called, frowned at Yoo Eunho with displeasure.

"Why is a busy person like you here?"

"I wanted to see you."

"You? You're kidding."

Baek Seojun, who was Yoo Eunho's high school classmate, was also a police family, as the school they attended was attended by the children of high-ranking officials.

He was also intelligent, never missing out on being second in the school. Of course, first place was always taken by Yoo Eunho, but he had inadvertently become friends with him, sparking rivalry and maintaining contact ever since.

"So, what's up with calling me here?"

"Why did you come all the way here just to ask me something? You could have just called."

Ignoring Baek Seojun's tic-like behavior, Yoo Eunho got straight to the point. Despite his annoyance, Baek Seojun was like his younger brother, and that's why they were such close friends.

"Our mother's suicide case."

"... Lee Heeseo?"

Yoo Eunho silently looked into Baek Seojun's eyes. Seeing his expressionless gaze, Baek Seojun corrected himself.