Ch 157+158

Ch 157: 

"Yeonseo! Just a moment."

"It's been a while. Do you remember me?"

"······Hello."

Yeonseo tried to mask his discomfort and went along with the conversation. How many times had this happened already? In the past, after some people had come to greet her only to be turned away harshly, no one had ever approached him so favorably.

'Damn, I lived too honestly.'

The rebellious image he had carefully maintained for so long was long gone. Perhaps it was because he had been managing his career well after the accident, or maybe it was because his clueless father had bragged so much about him that good rumors spread.

If it's this bad······.

'······Should I wake up?'

He had even thought that.

He stopped staring at the champagne glass and handed it over to the staff. It was a monumental 80th anniversary, so he refrained from acting out, considering the family's face. But he'd definitely try again someday.

'Where's Great-Uncle?'

After sending them off and scanning around, Yeonseo frowned as he saw the man standing in front of her.

"Hey, it's been a while?"

"······Who?"

His face was quite familiar. However, his good memory couldn't quite place him.

"Don't you remember me? Kim Seong-woo from HU Construction."

Kim Seong-woo······ He was someone he remembered from synchronized memories. He had participated in a similar event in the past under her grandfather's pressure and they had crossed paths.

At that time, he had made some silly provocations related to his entertainment career and his biological mother, so he had engaged with him, but he had fled in frustration. He didn't remember him looking like this back then······ but that wasn't important.

"Ah······ you remember meeting a few years ago? Didn't you get thoroughly rejected then?"

Yeonseo responded vaguely, as if this was nothing. Kim Seong-woo's smile briefly faltered, but only for a moment.

"······When was that? Are you still holding a grudge?"

Oh, this is a new reaction. As far as she knew, Kim Seong-woo had always looked up to his cousin Choi Ji-hoon like an older brother. Ji-hoon was narrow-minded, petty, and hot-tempered. She had expected Kim Seong-woo to fall apart with a little provocation, but he seemed to be putting on a facade of calmness.

"Yeah, nice to see you. Then, goodbye."

"Wait a minute."

Yeonseo stared at Kim Seong-woo's hand, which was grabbing his arm. He was already dealing with a lot, and now having to handle such trivial matters was starting to bring out his old self.

Kim Seong-woo, noticing Yeonseo's cold stare, quickly withdrew his hand and forced a smile.

"Let's talk for a bit. What have you been up to?"

"I don't recall us being that close."

"Isn't it fine to become friends now? Forget everything that happened in the past."

This guy seems to want something from me······ Yeonseo looked past Kim Seong-woo's shoulder. Three women were glancing at them.

He nodded towards the person at the end of Kim Seong-woo's gaze.