Ch 45

Park Sihwan's plan for reconciliation didn't work out. But he helped the chairman's mother's escapade while maintaining a proper distance.

"That was fun. Now, go."

The chairman's mother stood alone in front of the gate of the single-family home, leaving Park Sihwan and Chunbaek behind.

"Mom!"

Just then, the young chairman ran towards his mother. She embraced the child and smiled brightly.

"Oh, my dear son."

A man and an artificial intelligence watching from behind crossed their arms and observed their backs.

"Why is Chairman Lee Chung-won of Garam Global Holdings trying to bring her back?"

"Well... maybe he wants to wake her up and take care of her properly."

Park Sihwan replied vaguely. He honestly didn't want to know. He didn't need to know.

Especially since this chairman was known to be close to his father, Chairman Park. Birds of a feather flock together, don't they? He just wanted to quickly finish this matter and focus on finding his own mother.

"Well... humans are worse than whatever you can imagine. Parents abandon their children, and children abandon their parents."

"Where did you learn that from? Not from harmful websites, I hope?"

"Not harmful websites, but the address is ..."

"Ah, forget it."

Park Sihwan waved his hand. Enough is enough. If he delayed any longer, he himself would be adrift in "Utopia."

"Sir."

"Has the boy eaten?"

"He's not your son, sir. You know that."

The chairman's mother, who was caressing the child, stopped. The camera gradually shifted its position to illuminate her face from the back. And instead of a young face, it transformed into the face of an old woman.

Park Sihwan was convinced that the chairman's mother knew everything from the beginning. Even her suggestion to leave after saying it was fun, and the increased surveillance and defensive measures against Park Sihwan and Chunbaek.

"An old woman going to nightclubs and acting recklessly, isn't it?"

"It could be."

Chunbaek blinked his right eye and spoke calmly.

"I thought listening to loud music and dancing would make me forget. But all I remember is nightclubs."

"...I thought you didn't know? I knew."

It meant her son abandoned her. And that this place wasn't real either...

"I knew too..."

The old woman's eyes, murmuring like a sigh, filled with tears.

"Do leave now."

"I'm not leaving."

The old woman shook her head vigorously.

"I have everything I want here."

Though she became wealthy from an ordinary middle-class life, the old woman longed for those days.

Worry-free days in a simple single-family home, seeing off her dependable and homely husband to work, personally escorting her child to school. Warm and cozy memories where she waved back when her husband waved to her with fern-like hands.