Ch 27: Attendance at the engagement ceremony

"Get up."

"Ack!"

Yoo Yeon Seo woke up with a start from the shock on his calf.

"Hyung... why are you here?"

"I came to pick you up since you didn't answer the phone."

Yoo Eunho was sitting on the bed, wearing a neat suit. Yoo Yeon Seo rubbed his eyes roughly. He had slept soundly without syncing his memories yesterday.

"Is it okay for you to drag your younger brother around like this when you're a director and thirty years old?"

"So what, we're family."

Oh, he can say such cheesy things. Yoo Yeon Seo scratched his head for no reason. Yoo Eunho picked up a paper that was lying near the bed and skimmed the contents. It was a brief personal information of the people who would attend the engagement ceremony today.

"...Did you oversleep because of this?"

"I can't afford to make a mistake."

Yoo Yeon-seo lied without even bothering to brush her teeth. She had seen it, but she didn't memorize it all. She thought it would be fine since there was an automatic behavior mode.

"Yeon-seo."

"Hm?"

Yoo Yeon Seo lifted his head and looked at Yoo Eunho through the mirror.

"Do you really not remember anything?"

"No.I remember bits and pieces."

"Like what?"

Yoo Yeon Seo lowered his head again and spat out what was in his mouth.

"Did we go to the sea when we were very young? Like... in kindergarten. It wasn't in our country, I think."

"That must have been... when we went to the island for fun."

"Really? I saw mom there."

He said island without mentioning any place name... did they own an island too? Yoo Yeon Seo was surprised inwardly, but he acted nonchalantly.

The word mom made Yoo Eunho's shoulders flinch, but Yoo Yeon Seo didn't see it.

"But I can't remember mom's face. I think she was smiling..."

Lee Heeseo was called the 'Ice Beauty' when she was active as an entertainer.

She got that nickname because she didn't smile often, and she didn't smile even when she danced and sang on stage or acted. She only chose works that matched her cold appearance, such as taciturn and aloof characters.

'It's a shame.'

He wanted to see Lee Heeseo's bright smile that was not in any records.

"...I see. I'm glad."

How is it glad that he can't remember mom's face... maybe he meant it was glad that it wasn't a complete memory loss?

Yoo Yeon Seo didn't say anything more, seeing his brother's relieved expression.

***

"Who is that?"

"It's the president of Pilju Construction. He's from the Heongang side."

"Ugh."

The reporters who were hiding a little away from the hotel put down their cameras for a moment, since it wasn't the person they were waiting for.

"When is Juseong coming?"

"Huh? There, that car!"

Someone who was holding binoculars shouted urgently. The reporters picked up their cameras again.