Ch 161+162

Ch 161: 

"Uh... Chief."

"Huh?"

Chief Park, who had just returned to the agency after attending a meeting, was already organizing materials for the next one. Lee Taegyeom, after hesitating for a moment, stood next to him.

"Do people use cafes for drama announcements?"

"Cafes? That's an old method. Nowadays, people use apps like Band."

"Right? I've never seen this method before."

"Wait, does 'Snake' use a cafe?"

Lee Taegyeom nodded. Chief Park took his hands off the keyboard and rested his chin on them.

"Ah... the assistant director there is Eom Dongpil, right? He's kind of old-fashioned."

During the drama production phase, the staff use online communities for communication. It's hard to organize everything in group chats, so they use community boards for announcements, scripts, and more.

Even the managers joined. It was more efficient to post a message on the board than to contact each person individually.

"How do you know? Do you know him?"

"There were rumors about Director Eom making a comeback. I thought his name sounded familiar..."

Director? Lee Taegyeom turned on his phone and searched for Eom Dongpil. There were quite a few projects under his name. Is someone with this kind of filmography really working as an assistant director?

"He has quite the filmography."

"Yeah, but now he's fallen off... He was mildly popular in his heyday, but after some incidents, his career took a nosedive."

"I see... But why is he working as an assistant director instead of directing?"

"Well, sometimes these people take assistant director roles. They have experience with the camera and set management."

It meant that he didn't have enough standing to direct anymore, so he's using his experience to make a living in smaller roles.

"What kind of incidents were those?"

"You know, when people get a little famous and start acting arrogant. He didn't have a good reputation. After that, every project he touched flopped."

"I see... Do you think there will be any problems?"

"With Yu Yeonseo? If anything, he'll push him around, but he won't challenge him. The guy's a master at reading the room."

"That's what I'm concerned about."

Chief Park nodded in understanding. Yeah, Eom Dongpil's personality wouldn't let him act out toward Yu Yeonseo. He'd just be a nuisance, considering his background. But would Yeonseo let that slide? After a brief thought, Park shrugged.

"Well, she's not what she used to be either."

"Recently, I've noticed some signs."

"Really? Well, even so, he'll probably stay within reasonable limits. I'm more worried about that rookie director... Can they even manage the set properly?"

Lee Taegyeom bit his lower lip slightly. A poorly reputed assistant director and a rookie director with some experience but first time handling a drama. It's not a great combination. Hopefully, it won't cause problems for us.

"Yeonseo will handle it well."

"He probably will."

"Wow... I just got chills."