CHAPTER 26

YAZIA'S POV

I opened my eyes tentatively, squinting against the harsh brightness of the room. Blinking away the haze, I slowly took in my surroundings, my gaze settling on the pristine white ceiling above me. The sterile scent of antiseptic filled the air.

 I can tell I am in hospital. Every muscle ached with fatigue, and a dull throbbing pain pulsed through my foot. With a soft groan, I shifted slightly in the hospital bed, the crisp sheets rustling beneath me.

As I let out a sigh, the weight of past events crashed over me like a lightning bolt. "Taehyung...", I said his name and tried to get up but stopped hearing a voice full of frustration cut through the haze of my thoughts... "Don't move", I glanced at Namjoon not hearing his words, and sat up.

"Your stubbornness will harm to real bad one day", Namjoon voiced out and I scoffed. No matter how exhausted or vulnerable I may be, I refused to let anyone dictate my actions. I would do what I wanted, consequences don't matter.

"What are you doing here?", I asked him not understanding why he was there. He should be with his friend, not me. By this my mind went to 'that thing' is he ok? I want to ask but my pride never let me. 

"I am not here by my choice. Taehyung forced me to look after you.", Taehyung forced him? but why is he that nice? Why would Taehyung go to such lengths for me? Despite my best efforts to frustrate him, he still cared enough to ensure I was taken care of. I looked at Namjoon, narrowing my eyes in suspicion.

"If you are here who is there with him?", I blurted out, mentally scolding myself for the slip. I braced myself for a sarcastic retort, but instead, Namjoon remained surprisingly calm as he took a seat on the stool near my bed. Calm than I ever thought.

"I called his father he is with him your family is on their way too", he informed me, his tone steady and reassuring. I nodded. "What happened to the attackers and suppliers?", I asked him wondering what really happened. At that time, I was not in my senses all in my mind was how to save Taehyung.

Namjoon's response was nonchalant, his tone tinged with a hint of arrogance as he recounted the events. "About that... I called the police after dealing with a fair amount of them, and then I ran to save you both," he explained, his posture relaxed as he sat on the stool, one leg casually crossed over the other. I nodded in understanding, absorbing his words without much reaction. 

"By the way I never thought you cry too", His tone got a teasing edge. This man just trying to test my patience. I cried and I was embarrassed, but my mind was not responding well, and my emotions just burst out, but can I show him I am embarrassed? No, never in my whole life I let anyone have this satisfaction.

"And I never thought it's your business", I retorted sharply, my tone laced with thinly veiled annoyance. Namjoon's chuckle only served to fuel my irritation, and I fought to keep my composure in the face of his amusement.

 "I am fine you can go now." I glared at him and let these words out with a straight face. I turned away, refusing to let Namjoon see any further cracks in my armor. I may have shown vulnerability once, but I wouldn't make that mistake again.

"I don't like how proud and stubborn you are," Namjoon's voice softened, a rare moment of sincerity breaking through his usual demeanor. He stood up and looked straight at me.