CHAPTER 36

A bright light suddenly flashed on Taehyung's face, causing him to stir from his sleep. He squinted his eyes against the glare, gradually becoming aware of his surroundings. He found himself in his room, a book resting in his hand. With a sigh, he rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"Books always make me sleepy. How am I going to read this?" he mused aloud, glancing down at the book provided to him for learning about Islam. "And I even forgot to close the curtains," he muttered to himself, noticing the sunlight streaming in through the window. He ran a hand through his messy hair. 

With a tired sigh, he looked outside the window. "Today is the day, my warrior, I'll close the gap between us", He said with a hint of a smile. 

 It had been a month, a day before Ramadan started, since he began his journey of learning about Islam. Mr. Saad introduced him to Mufti Usman who tried to help him understand Islam.

"I don't know how it's going to work, but let's do it, Taehyung. It's the only way to make her mine," he reminded himself, drawing in a deep breath and stretching his tired muscles

 A sudden ringing interrupted Taehyung's thoughts, and he quickly scanned the bed to locate the source of the sound. Spotting his ringing phone, he reached over to check the caller ID, finding it was Ha-joon. Despite the early hour, Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle.

"Who else could call me this early other than this mother fucker", Taehyung cursed but then widened his eyes. However, his amusement quickly turned to alarm as he realized his own slip of the tongue. "SHIT.. oh no stop what the... f..fudge", Taehyung fumbled at his words trying to avoid cursing and failing badly. 

"It's wrong, don't you know? How will you stop, buddy, if you're bad at it?" Taehyung scolded himself, recalling the lessons he had learned over the past month. smile crossed his face as he remembered Yazia's cute habit of swearing and then apologizing.

"What she says after it... As... Astag... firullah", Taehyung said remembering Yazia's words. "Yeah, Astagfirullah I'll not do it now, and don't let my warrior do it too." Lost in his thoughts, Taehyung's phone continued to ring persistently. 

"He will never give up", Taehyung remarked with a wry smile, referring to Ha-Joon's relentless attempts to reach him. Finally, he answered the call, greeting Ha-Joon Hearing Taehyung Ha-Joon got confused.

"Hearing Taehyung's unexpected greeting, Ha-Joon was taken aback. "Who? What are you doing, Taehyung?" he asked, utterly bewildered by the sudden change in his friend's demeanor. "I'm going to become a Muslim today," Taehyung replied casually, leaving Ha-Joon stunned.

"Hey where did you go?", Taehyung asked hearing silence on the other line. "I... no you... are going to be Muslim? what do you mean by that?", Ha-Joon asked him in a high-pitched voice. "I was going to ask you where you disappeared, and you are telling me nonsense. Are you drunk?' Ha-Joon asked him in concern.

"Haram!! Ha-Joon haram... drinking is haram", Taehyung said shaking his head. "Who are you where is my Alcoholic unbearable friend you kidnapped him?", Ha-Joon asked him being dramatic but he was stunned. 

"Are you finished?" Taehyung inquired, hearing the shocked tone in Ha-Joon's voice.

"Yeah," Ha-Joon replied, his voice still choked with surprise. "I've been busy with work and learning about Islam this month. The only place I've been besides the office is the mosque, wait... no I went to my warrior's house often too."