CHAPTER 40

"I need to protect Yazia; I can't let it happen,"

Ayzal whispered to herself. Her heart hammered in her chest, a relentless rhythm echoing the urgency of her thoughts. She clenched her fists, stood up, and walked out of her room. Ayzal decided to directly go to Yazia's room to tell her all the things she heard.

"I need to tell Yazia everything," she muttered, her voice tinged with a hint of panic. With each step she took down the corridor, she had to warn Yazia, had to make her understand the danger that lurked in the face of their loved ones.

As she reached Yazia's door, Ayzal hesitated for a moment, her hand hovering over the handle. But then, with a deep breath to steady her nerves, she pushed the door open and stepped inside.

"Yazia, I need to talk to you," she said, her voice soft yet urgent, Yazia looked up, her eyes red-rimmed and pained. She hastily wiped away her tears, a mixture of surprise and curiosity flickering across her face as she regarded Ayzal.

"What is it, Ayzal?" she asked, her voice uncertain. Taking a deep breath, Ayzal moved further into the room, her heart pounding with the gravity of the moment.

"I've heard things, Yazia," she began, her words coming out in a rush as she struggled to find the right way to express.

Yazia stood up from the mat and looked at Ayzal's panic condition. "Ayzal what happened? What do you hear?" Yazia inquired and held Ayzal's shoulders. 

"It's... it's about Gomo and Asad," Ayzal stammered, her voice faltering as she struggled to articulate the weight of her fears. She looked into Yazia's eyes, seeing the concern mirrored in them, and found a flicker of courage to continue.

"I've overheard things, Yazia," she continued, her words rushed and disjointed in her anxiety. "I heard them talking when I was on my way to talk to Appa about you and Taehyung, but only Gomo and Asad were there."

Yazia's brow furrowed in confusion, and she interrupted Ayzal with a perplexed tone. "Why were you planning to tell Appa about all that?" she questioned, a hint of frustration creeping into her voice.

Ayzal sighed, feeling the tension mounting between them. "That's not the point, Yazia," she explained, frustration coloring her tone. "What matters is what I heard there."

"Okay, take a breath, Fatima," Yazia intervened, her voice gentler now, trying to soothe her agitation. Ayzal nodded, taking a moment to compose herself before continuing.

Ayzal's words spilled out in a rush as she recounted everything she had heard, her voice filled with a mix of frustration and fear. She detailed Gomo and Asad's greed-driven plans, their manipulation tactics, and their ruthless pursuit of the family's property and wealth.

Yazia listened in silence, her expression unreadable, her thoughts masked behind a veil of contemplation. Ayzal couldn't decipher what was going on in Yazia's mind.  

"They both just want our property and money," Ayzal concluded. "We should tell all this to Appa," Ayzal suggested urgently, her eyes pleading for Yazia to see the gravity of the situation. But to her surprise, Yazia shook her head calmly.

"We can't, Fatima. Let's not overthink," Yazia replied, her tone steady despite the chaos  of emotions swirling within her.

Ayzal's eyes widened in disbelief. "Are you in your senses, Yazia? We need to tell Eomma and Appa about all this. If you won't, I will," she declared. Yazia looked at Ayzal sternly.