CHAPTER 47

"It's easy, you just have to mix and put them in the pan, no big deal," Yazia declared confidently as she picked up the bowl, her focus intent on the ingredients scattered around the kitchen. Turning back to Taehyung, she noticed him standing awkwardly at the back of the kitchen.

"Help me, why are you standing back there?" Yazia asked, her eyebrows raised in amusement.

Taehyung widened his eyes in surprise but quickly nodded, walking over to join her. "What do I do?" he asked, eager to lend a hand.

Yazia narrowed her eyes, scanning the ingredients laid out before them. "I'm trying to figure that out," she admitted with a sheepish grin.

Picking up an egg, she turned to Taehyung. "Give me the flour," she instructed, her tone determined.

Taehyung gestured around the kitchen, a bemused expression on his face. "More? It's everywhere," he pointed out, his expressions were straight.

Yazia nodded, unfazed by his observation. "It is, but we still need some more," she replied matter-of-factly, her tone and expressions mirroring his.

Taehyung sighed and nodded, understanding the task at hand. As he began to search through the cabinets for more flour. Taehyung sighed in relief as he spotted a pack of flour tucked away in the upper cabinet. "Here," he said, pointing towards the cabinet as Yazia turned to him with the bowl in her hand.

"Give it to me," she instructed, pushing her hair back from her face. Taehyung hesitated, his previous mishap still fresh in his mind. "I'm not trying it again; you should pick it up this time," he insisted, his tone cautious.

Yazia sighed in frustration and set the bowl down, walking over to where Taehyung stood. "It's too high; how can I reach there?" she asked, annoyance evident in her voice.

"I'll pick you up," Taehyung suggested, a hopeful look in his eyes as he extended his arms toward her.

But before he could make a move, Yazia took a step back and grabbed a fork from the countertop, pointing it at him with a wary expression. "Last time you said this, I ended up hung up in a tree crying. I don't trust you for this now," she declared, her tone firm.

Taehyung's face fell as he remembered the childhood mishap that had left Yazia stranded in a tree, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Last time I said this, I was just 6. Now I'm 28, and my arms are strong enough to pick you up," he protested, his expression defensive.

Yazia gave him a skeptical look, her eyes narrowing slightly as she weighed his words. "Fine," she said, her voice softening slightly as she placed the fork back on the counter.

"If you dropped me, I promise I'll happily become a widow," Yazia declared with a playful smirk, her eyes dancing with mischief.

Taehyung placed a hand over his heart, feigning shock. "How easily you say you can kill me," he exclaimed, playing up his dramatics for effect. "I am hurt, my own wife doesn't love me, doesn't trust me," he added, his voice dripping with mock sadness as he pretended to wipe away imaginary tears.

Yazia rolled her eyes at his theatrics, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips despite herself. "Okay, stop it and pick me up; I'll take it down," she instructed, her tone filled with amusement.