CHAPTER 38

"I want Asad and Yazia to get married."

Mehak's request hung in the air, casting a sudden weight over the table. Mr. Saad's expression shifted, his brows furrowing as he processed her words.

 Mr. Saad's expression shifted, his brows furrowing as he processed her words. "Yazia's hand in marriage with Asad?" he echoed; his tone tinged with surprise.

 Glancing around the table, he noted the varied reactions of those present, each face reflecting a mixture of emotions. Finally, he turned back to Mehak, his gaze thoughtful.

 "This is a significant decision, Mehak", he responded carefully.
"Let's discuss it further, just the two of us."

Yazia's heart raced as Mehak's request hung in the air, sending a ripple of shock through her. She couldn't pinpoint why, but a surge of discomfort washed over her, making her gaze momentarily dart to Taehyung. His expression was pale and drained out like he saw a ghost.

 Mehak's eyes flickered with determination as she locked gazes with her brother, Mr. Saad. She refused to back down.

"Saad Oppa, you know how much Yazia means to me", she began, her voice trembling slightly with emotion.

"She is like my daughter. I've always dreamed of her being my daughter-in-law. Asad is the best choice for her, you know him. I believe Yazia will be happy for the rest of her life with him."

Mr. Saad felt a pang of guilt tug at his heartstrings as he listened to Mehak's impassioned plea. He knew how much Yazia meant to her, and he understood the depth of her love for both Asad and Yazia. 

Meanwhile, Yazia struggled to contain her frustration. "Who can guarantee I will?" she thought to herself, biting her tongue to avoid being rude. Taehyung was still out not really processing everything.

"Mehak, I understand your feelings, but-" Mr. Saad began softly, but before he could finish, Mehak cut him off.

"Please, Saad Oppa, don't make this harder than it needs to be", she implored, her voice trembling with emotion. Her words carried a subtle undercurrent of emotional blackmail, tugging at the strings of guilt in Mr. Saad's heart.

"I will not hear any excuse", Mehak continued, her tone pleading yet firm. "You know how much I desire this. The day she was born, we decided it. Please... don't go back on your words now."

"Saad, let's just listen to her," Mrs. Saad interjected gently, her voice carrying a tone of reason and understanding.
"I don't see any harm in considering Mehak's request. After all, Asad is like our own child, and I agree with Mehak that he would be a good match for Yazia."

Mr. Saad glanced at his wife, appreciating her perspective. He knew she had a compassionate heart and always sought to see the best in everyone. Yet, he couldn't shake the weight of his conflicting emotions and the promises he had made. 

"Mehak, I know that when Yazia was born, it was a difficult time for all of us", he began, his voice laced with a mixture of sympathy and uncertainty. "We were facing a critical situation, and we made promises in the heat of the moment. But it's been years since then, and we can't let the fate of our children be decided solely by the promises of the past."

Mehak's eyes welled up with tears, her heart aching with the weight of their shared history. "But Saad Oppa, you know how much this means to me", she pleaded, her voice cracking with emotion. "I've dreamed of this day for so long, and I can't bear the thought of it slipping away."