CHAPTER 28

AUTHOR'S POV

It's been two days since they both got their home neither Yazia came to the office because of her injured foot nor Taehyung in these two days. Both were at their respective home to rest and heal. 

Yazia's condition was ok. Her foot healed completely so she started the office 3 days after the whole event, Taehyung remained confined to their home, still in need of rest.

On this particular morning, Taehyung found himself sprawled across the living room couch. It was morning his mother was helping the maid in the kitchen to make breakfast. He got bored by staying in his room and thoughts of Yazia were never leaving his mind.

 "I want to see her", Taehyung said to himself. He saw his father coming down ready for the office. he scanned the room before his attention drifted to the TV, where some random drama played out.

"Come on breakfast is ready", his mother called, Taehyung sighed and rose from the couch. The impulse to ruffle his hair was quashed by the bandage wrapped around his head, eliciting a wince of frustration and discomfort as he made his way to the dining table where his parents awaited.

Both his parents were eating breakfast and he sat down at the table and Taehyung eyed the porridge set before him with disdain. "I am not going to eat this tasteless thing", he declared to his mother, and she shot him a stern look.

"You should've thought about that before getting hurt. Eat quietly", she reprimanded. Taehyung then turned his attention to his father's plate. "Are you having cheese omelet, Dad?" he asked with a mischievous grin.

"It's delicious and tasty, but unfortunately, it's not for you," his father replied, nudging his plate away with a similar playful expression. Taehyung scoffed. "Am I really your own child? You guys are starving me."

"I've had my doubts too. I mean, how could you possibly be my own child? I'm not that irresponsible and spoiled," his father retorted with a feigned solemnity but evidently teasing him.

Taehyung chuckled, his father's playful banter momentarily lifting his spirits. Despite the bandage on his head and the ache in his body, as he reluctantly spooned the porridge into his mouth, Taehyung's mind wandered back to Yazia. 

He wondered how she was faring, whether her foot was healing properly, and if she missed him as much as he missed her. The mere thought of her brought a warmth to his chest, a longing to see her again.

"Yazia is coming to company today", he jerked his head up with a cheerful smile when these words left his father's mouth. "Really?", Taehyung asked excitedly, and his mother sighed. "Eat your breakfast, and don't get excited for no reason, you still will not get what you are thinking."

Taehyung's father, noticing the exchange, furrowed his brow in confusion. "What are you two talking about?" he inquired, glancing between them. Taehyung flashed him a tight smile. "Just a little secret between mother and son," he replied, evoking a sneer from his father. 

Before he could protest further, Mrs. Kim interjected, "Yes, you shouldn't know." Taehyung's father narrowed his eyes, feeling left out. "You're deliberately excluding me, aren't you?" he accused a hint of playfulness in his tone.

 "Aren't you getting late?" Mrs. Kim's words made him realize he needed to go to the company he scoffed and nodded at both and left the table shaking his head.