CHAPTER 48

TAEHYUNG POV

I lay on the bed, my warrior nestled in my arms. The soft rise and fall of her breath against my chest felt like a dream I never wanted to wake from. 

"My dreams are never this beautiful," I murmur to myself, it's night. She looks so small and adorable, snuggled against me, seeking warmth and comfort.

I gently stroke her tousled hair, still slightly damp from her unwillingness to let me dry it. At this moment, with her in my arms, I realize I've never felt a sensation quite like this before. It's as if the world could end right now, and I'd be content as long as she's by my side.

My fingers trace the curve of her cheek, the warmth of her skin sending a shiver down my spine. "My warrior," I whisper, my lips brushing against her ear. She stirs in her sleep, nuzzling closer to me, and I feel a flutter in my chest for reasons I can't quite explain.

"Let's have dinner; it's almost time," I gently coax, watching as she blinks, trying to adjust to the light in the room. "What time is it?" she asks, her voice soft and sleepy, a hint of a pout on her lips that I find utterly irresistible. "Stop thinking like that," I scold myself internally, knowing where those thoughts will lead.

"It's almost 8 p.m.," I reply, and she looks around, attempting to extricate herself from my embrace. "Let me go," she says, her gaze narrowing playfully at me. "Wrong move, darling. You know what happens when you look at me like that," I tease, feeling a surge of affection for her infectious spirit.

She gives me a mischievous grin. "I know all too well," she admits, her eyes still locked on mine. She knows exactly how to push my buttons, and I can't help but chuckle as I lean in to press a gentle kiss to her nose.

"We should get up and have dinner," I suggest, reluctantly releasing her. She stretches, her movements graceful and lithe, and my heart swells with love for her. "Yeah, we should eat and then sleep again. I have to start work tomorrow," she says matter-of-factly, and I feel a pang of disappointment. Work already? Can't she wait at least a week after our wedding?

"You're starting so soon?" I ask, surprised, as she turns to face me. "Not just me, you are too. Now, let's eat, sleep, and get to work tomorrow," she declares, her tone leaving no room for argument.

 "As you command, my lady," I reply, playfully, unable to resist her charms.

Seeing her boss me around so sweetly, I can't help but smile at how much I adore her. I just watch her as she climbs off the bed, feeling so lucky to have her. I'm excited to sit down and eat with her, just enjoying being together.

«»

YAZIA POV

 woke up, the soft morning light peeking through the curtains, and I couldn't help but smile. As I shifted to get up, a gentle hand on my waist stopped me. Turning back, I saw him lying there beside me.

"He looks so handsome," I whispered to myself, feeling a warmth spread through me as I gazed at him. Waking up like this was something I never imagined, but now I couldn't imagine it any other way. With a soft chuckle, I reached out and traced the curve of his nose.