CHAPTER 42

"Taehyung..." 

He called Taehyung who looked at him Mr. Saad held his shoulder and what Taehyung heard he was unable to believe.

 "Will you Marry Yazia?"

Taehyung stood frozen; his mind unable to process the sudden turn of events. Mr. Saad's request echoed in his ears, sending shockwaves through his entire being. For a moment, Taehyung could only stare at Mr. Saad in disbelief, his heart pounding erratically in his chest. unable to comprehend. 

"This... this can't be real," Taehyung murmured to himself, his voice barely above a whisper. "Is this fate? Is this my chance to be with her?" Taehyung thought trying to process. He never expected something like this. Taehyung stood there, his heart racing with a torrent of emotions. Could this truly be fate, offering him a chance to be with the woman he loved?

Taehyung felt a press on his shoulder which brought him back to the world. He looked up, meeting Mr. Saad's gaze, and found a sense of reassurance in the older man's eyes.

"Taehyung, I know this is sudden, but I am requesting you," Mr. Saad began, his voice gentle yet urgent. Taehyung's breath caught in his throat at Mr. Saad's request. Internally, his heart raced with uncertainty, yet a glimmer of hope flickered within him. Could this be his chance to be with Yazia, the woman he had come to love more than anything else?

"Order me, you don't have to request," Taehyung's voice quivered with emotion, a mix of joy and surprise evident in his words. "I am your son, and I'll gladly marry her. She is a wonderful woman, and I have no objections." Objections were far away if he was alone there he would have screamed and jumped in happiness hearing this, but he decided to maintain his composure.

Mr. Saad's eyes glistened with emotion as he squeezed Taehyung's shoulder, "Thank you, Taehyung," he said with a gentle voice. Mr. Saad felt at ease after a whole month of contemplation and unease he finally felt relief wash over him. Though he still carried the weight of guilt for not fulfilling his dear friend's wish, it felt lighter now.

"It's not the right way to do it, Allah, forgive me but I did what I thought would save many lives from getting ruined. Forgive me for any mistake I made intentional or unintentional," Mr. Saad prayed in his heart as he looked at Taehyung with an affectionate gaze. 

Mehak felt a surge of anxiety coursing through her as she witnessed everything unfolding before her eyes. Her body trembled with fear, her mind consumed by the dread of her dreams being shattered.

"Oppa, you can't do this to me. Asad will come, just..." Mehak's words were abruptly cut off by the stern tone of Mr. Saad. "Mehak, it's not about whether Asad will come or not. It's about your behavior, and the harsh words you use for Yazia. You're my beloved sister, and I love you. I can't bear to hear you say words that hurt me deeply."

Mr. Saad's words struck Mehak like a blow, leaving her speechless. Mehak felt a wave of frustration and helplessness wash over her as Mr. Saad's words penetrated her defenses. She opened her mouth to speak, but Mr. Saad's raised palm silenced her, indicating that further discussion was useless.

"Mehak, don't exacerbate the situation. Let's resolve this matter wisely, in a way that benefits all of us. Asad's absence is complicating things, and I can't allow my daughter's honor to be further tarnished. Let's put an end to this here," Mr. Saad declared firmly, before walking away with a heavy sigh.