CHAPTER 32

AUTHORS POV

Yazia sat in her cabin, the soft glow of her laptop illuminating the otherwise quiet space. It was exactly what she had always wanted—peace and solitude, with no one around to disturb or annoy her.

"I hate this quietness, it scares me," Yazia murmured, her gaze sweeping over the serene atmosphere of her cabin. It had been almost four days since she last saw Taehyung, and despite her initial resistance, she found herself missing his presence more than she cared to admit.

Her cabin door busted open making her surprised for a second and here was the person she hated- maybe not anymore. Came inside with his signature boxy smile. He stood right in front of her desk.

"I am back, my warrior", He announced loudly and cheerfully then leaned on the desk. "Did you miss me", He gave her a cheeky smile. With a deft movement, she reached for the file beneath his arms, causing his hands to slip on the smooth surface of the desk and almost fall on the deck.

"Here you go, my peace and quietness," she retorted, her frustration evident in her tone as she handed him the file. "You should go and work instead of wasting time here."

Despite her outward annoyance, a faint smile tugged at the corners of Yazia's lips. She missed his presence, but she refused to acknowledge it, even to herself. "Put an end to feelings before they even start to appear, or else you'll get hurt," she reminded herself silently.

"You gave me a nice welcome, thank you," Taehyung stated with a hint of sarcasm, his eyes locking with Yazia's.

"You're welcome. I always try my best," Yazia replied in a matching tone, meeting his gaze head-on. For a couple of seconds, they had eye contact. Taehyung broke it as always with the cliché line he says.

"Don't look at me like that warrior it made me weak."

As always, this line also created a stir of emotions in Yazia, which she ignored for her good reasons. Yazia held the back of her neck and looked back at her computer screen. "You need anything?", Taehyung Yazia looked up and blinked.

 "No, you can go back I am fine", Taehyung seemed disappointed by her reply and stood there not moving away.

"What?", Yazia asked him done by his behavior- pretending to be done. Taehyung kept his smile and spoke in a sweet tone. "Would you like to have a coffee?", Yazia raised eyebrows. 'Yes' it was a simple answer, but she can't just say it out directly. She craves his coffee, but her pride is bigger than the craving.

She just gave him a tired look. "Do whatever you want", she opted for a nonchalant response praying in her heart that he would bring coffee for her. Taehyung nodded and just walked out. Yazia sighed looking at the door. "It's getting difficult day by day, what he is doing?", Yazia muttered to herself.

After some minutes Taehyung came back with a cup of coffee and placed it on her desk. "Here you go, I know you want it but never going to admit it", He said and looked at Yazia who rolled her eyes. 

"Let me tell you a secret, I can read your eyes better because you keep rolling them it gives me a good view of your mind", Taehyung's tone was playful.

"I can't even do that because you don't even have one", Yazia retorted with a smirk, lifting the cup of coffee to her lips for a sip. As the rich aroma filled her senses, she couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment wash over her. "It's so good. I missed this taste," she thought to herself as she savored the familiar flavor of Taehyung's coffee.