CHAPTER 30

"Leena"

Taehyung uttered in disbelief, his voice barely above a whisper. He glanced between Leena and Yazia, noting the subtle hardening of Yazia's expression as she regarded Leena.

"Hello!! Mrs. Kim", Leena chimed. Ha-Joon who was in a rush of excitement now noticed Yazia. He raised his eyebrows at first, he didn't recognize her in the Hijab and abaya then he looked to the side and saw another girl who was fully covered in a black Abaya and veil. 

He tried to comprehend the situation then he looked at Taehyung who was shocked and glancing between Leena and according to him Mr. Saad's elder daughter. He decided to remain silent till he completely understood what was going on.

Mrs. Kim forced a smile and replied to Leena. "Hi! You here?", she tried to sound as less rude as she could. Taehyung's mother doesn't like this girl. She is not aware of the exact relationship between Taehyung and Leena. Mrs. Kim only knows Leena as Taehyung's friend, but her motherly instincts tell her this girl is not right.

"I heard Taehyung had an accident, so I thought I should visit him too. We're all here to see Taehyung," Leena explained, her attention fixed solely on Taehyung's mother, seemingly oblivious to the hostile stares directed her way.

"I'm not here uninvited. Uncle invited me and mentioned you were cooking something nice, so I came. I just bumped into them at the entrance gate," Namjoon interjected, recognizing Mrs. Kim's disapproval of Leena's presence.

"Come inside and take a seat. I'm glad you all came; having you kids here makes the house feel alive," Mrs. Kim welcomed them warmly, her discomfort set aside. She exchanged brief greetings with Soo-Jin. Taehyung just sat there on the sofa and looked at Yazia trying to read her expressions and he could tell she was not much entertained by the presence of Leena.

As Leena approached, intending to greet Taehyung, she paused upon noticing Yazia seated on the couch beside the single sofa Taehyung sitting on. A flicker of envy flashed across Leena's features as she glared at Yazia, her resentment palpable. In response, Yazia offered a sharp smile, well aware of Leena's disdain toward her, Yazia sitting close to Taehyung just evoked fire inside Leena, and Taehyung just staring at Yazia was fuel on fire.

"You're here too? I assume you're here to visit Taehyung," Leena remarked in a fake tone, her words dripping with jealousy. Sensing an opportunity to provoke Leena further, Yazia responded with cheerful defiance.

 "I'm not an unexpected guest; Auntie invited me with lots of love," Yazia chimed in, relishing the opportunity to taunt her.

"And as for visiting Taehyung, I don't think it's necessary. After all, we were both involved in the same accident and ended up in the same hospital." Her words carried a hint of amusement as if she were deliberately adding fuel to the fire of Leena's jealousy. Ayzal shook her head knowing Yazia's sharp tongue. It was not new for her.

Mrs. Kim and Soo-Jin were pretty amused by Yazia's response. Namjoon chuckled and just attracted everyone's attention towards him. Everyone looked at him. He mentally cursed himself for laughing at the wrong place. He quickly brushed off the stares and redirected his focus elsewhere.

"Come here, Leena, take my seat. I'm heading to the kitchen for dinner preparation anyway", Mrs. Kim said her intention was not to be nice, but she just wanted Leena to stay away from Taehyung and Yazia.