Getaway car

Sorry for any confusion or misunderstanding in advance.

R

I didn't even have time to realize that I was sleeping that I had to wake up. The alarm threatening my ears, the night was short.

I went downstairs after putting on my uniform.

"The fuck is that smell ?" I say frowning when a smell of a mixture of urine, cigarette, dirt and drugs reaches my nostrils.

"Dowon." I heard Liam said. Not having time to worry about the shit this man brings home, I decided not to take care of it and took my coffee and butter sandwiches.

"Don't be late for school." Putting my shoes on I said bye to Liam.

***

The wind touching my hair through the window, the smell of bitumen, the noise of morning traffic and Taylor on the radio announces a beautiful day.

"I'm in a getaway car, I left you in a motel bar, put the money in a bag and I stole the keys, that was the last time you ever saw me !" I was singing with all my soul at the red light, when I met the eyes of an old woman holding the local grocery store wonderingthe fuck was I doing. I repositioned myself in my seat awkwardly like nothing happened.

The light went green and I smiled awkwardly at her.

beautiful day right...

After a few minutes, I finally arrived at the office. Greeting all the staff, I went to my desk as usual.

"Good morning bud !" Chan told me from behind surprising me.

"Hi man." I answer him with a smile.

Chan and I became policeman almost at the same time, we continued the same studies. We have experienced many things together and I am grateful to have him in my life.

After talking a little, the phone ranged, the boss was calling.

"A theft has a local café, a priori he is alone and armed only with a baseball bat. I put Chan and you on the mission." Even before the end of the call I signaled to Chan and the teams. I hung up and took my coat and my weapons. The key to the vehicle and we run down from the building.

"Put the address on the map." I gave the order to Chan sitting next to me as a co-pilot. Putting my belt on I started the machine pressing as hard as possible on the accelerator.

Once on site, we park a few meters from the café. We equip ourselves with our arms and get out of the vehicle in silence. Discreetly moving towards the front door.

Holy shit that's Yeji's café.

I swallowed my saliva and squeezed harder my gun. Spotting the thief through the bay window, I analyzed him to be sure that it was not a danger to people. He was standing in front of the cash register taking money with his baseball bat in his right hand And his raised hood. I nodded to Chan to take action, monitoring where the other people are.

While Chan penetrated the cafe, I directed myself to the back door to keep people safe in the event of an incident.

I spot the blonde woman who was flirting with me last time, a cook and Yeji, crouching in the back kitchen.

After they noticed my presence I signaled to them to shut up and I discreetly joined him with my hands clenched on my weapon.

I went into the back kitchen and their faces reased. My eyes immediately landing on the feline's gaze that I know so well. Her chest raising fast up and down due to the stress of the situation.

After a few seconds of looking at each other intensely, I heard Chan control the target without problem and the sound of the handcuffs. I sighed and my louse calmed down didn't even know it was so high.

In a burst of relief, I approached Yeji putting me at her height by placing my knees on the ground and I took her in my arms hugging her tightly.

I sighed in her neck and I felt her body relax under my pressure. After a few minutes when the other people were looking at us, I coughed and withdrew from her body moving me away.

"Hm well, you're safe now." I say scratching my neck.

We all got up heading to the center of the café.

"Rosé, nice to meet you." The blonde girl said to me extending her hand. I took it gladly.

"Shin, Shin Ryujin." I replied with a smile.

"So you're a hottie plus a policeman uh ?" She said playfully and I laughed awkwardly. I looked at Yeji beside her still silent.

"So uhm I need to write down the intervention, what happened exactly ?" I asked them with my pen and notebook in my hand.When Rosé was going to speak, Yeji turned to her as if she had just solved an enigma.

"Wait, that's the one you hit on the other day ?" She asked confused.

"Uh well yes, how fun is this." Rosé replied chuckling.

Yeji turned her body in my direction again and remained silent waiting for my next orders, her expressions impossible to decipher.

"So, the roles are reversed uh." I addressed Yeji.

"That's karma I guess." She replied with a cold expression still looking at me in the eyes. I nodded and continued my work.

After noting everything Rosé and Yeji were going to leave continuing their work.

Putting my notebook and pen in my pocket I took a step forward.

-

"Yeji wait." I say loud enough for her to hear me. She stopped her movements.

"And please this time, don't leave again." I added after I was sure she was listening. She turned around looking at me.

"10 minutes." She said making her way to sit at a table and I sighed relieved.

———

have a great weekend !