Invisble string

Y

I went to the bathroom as soon as the security came. Why men are so...men ?

I leaned over the sink sighing, raised my head and looked at myself in the mirror.

What's wrong with me.

I turned on the tap and washed my hands, at the same time the sound of the handle of the toilet door sounded in the room.

I looked up in the mirror, Ryujin stood behind me, her eyes worried.

"Hey, you okay ?" She said softly getting slightly closer.

She met my gaze in the mirror and I continued to stare at her.

"Thank you, can you go please ?" I said staring at her with a stoic expression.

Her look blending into mine, a mixture of confusion, regrets, irritation ?

I heard the sound of these steps retreating little by little.

"Why-"

"Ryujin, please." I finally say by breaking our eye contact and lower my head to look at the sink no longer wanting to cross her gaze.

I heard sighing and soon after the sound of the door closing.

-

"And why you did that ?" Lia asked me as soon as I told her what happened in the club.

"I don't know Lia I'm confused..." I replied putting my blanket over my body and adjusting the laptop on my lap.

"Everything is confusing," I looked at the ceiling. "It's been ten fucking years we had a thing, she disappeared and now that she's back she's acting all protective and caring. I thought she moved on but with this actions it's confusing me ? Why will she do that ? It's unfair for both of us...I think we should move on, it's going nowhere." I said in one breath.

"Both of you should talk, even if it's going nowhere. Love is not easy Yeji...She is your first love and she comes back from nowhere of course it's confusing. But I don't think it's unfair, it's faith if the life brought her in your way." She said softly.

"Maybe..."

"I'll go text her." I confidently said.

-

Ryujin

I've been staring at my phone contacts for about thirteen minutes and I can't decide to click on her name.

What if she changed her number ?

What if she doesn't want to answer ?

It's fucking 1am ?

Well fuck it.

I suddenly clicked on the name and I put the phone in my ear, hearing the ringtone ringing. Biting my nails while waiting an answer.

I suddenly heard a deep voice.

"What is happening ?" Her voice kinda panicked and I can't help but cracking a little smile.

"I'm sorry to call this late ? Did I wake you up ?" I asked feeling kinda guilty to wake her up.

"Uh no no of course not, why are you calling ? Wasn't expecting that...." She said her voice not that confident.