Arc 1: Chapter 2

Throughout their conversation, Mingyan had been speaking in English. This was because of multiple reasons: her father was American, she had lived in Boston for three years, and her therapist was also American. So although she could speak now, she was more inclined to speak in English. This was also one of the reasons she had sung in English.

"Tonight, the first wish should be done." Mingyan tapped her phone on her chin. Lily tilted her head and thought about it. She looked through her database to confirm the original soul's three wishes.

1. Knock some sense to my best friend, Yang Xi.
2. Become someone my parents are proud of.
3. Marry Shen Yan.

Lily's eyes sparkled with realization as she understood Mingyan's intentions.

After receiving confirmation from Lui Feng, the door opened, and Hui Mingli entered, accompanied by his assistant. They began discussing the terms of the contract and Mingyan's schedule for the month. 

Mingyan internally screamed in shock. She had only just passed the audition, and already they wanted her to release a song written by Hui Mingli himself. If Mingyan's fate remained unchanged, then this could be considered a farewell gift. No wonder the original Mingyan had been too excited to care about anything else.

She nodded repeatedly, maintaining her stoic expression. It appeared somewhat endearing, eliciting smiles from both Hui Mingli and his assistant. Mingyan proceeded to sign the 5-year contract as an artist under Brilliant Stars, and they parted ways on good terms.

Mingyan waited at the front of the building, but didn't immediately leave. Many people were still coming out to go home after the audition. Checking the time, she noted it was still 6:30 in the evening. She decided to wait in the lounge right beside the entrance for thirty minutes.

As 7:00 p.m. approached, Mingyan rose and glanced outside. If it were her thousands of years ago, she would never have believed that everyone from the audition would have dispersed in just thirty minutes, leaving the front of the building of a famous company so deserted. Yet, it was indeed empty. After all, no one could defy plot armor, not even herself. Now, the front only held two girls staring intensely at each other—a scene exactly like the one Mingyan had witnessed.

"One of them is probably the protagonist in this world," Lily commented, her belly flopping over Mingyan's shoulder as she watched the confrontation between the two girls with contempt. Mingyan silently agreed. "Let's go over. We can't keep them waiting now, can we?"

Mingyan adjusted her emotions, adopting an air of being 'too happy to care about anything else'. Her eyes sparkled, and a slight curl appeared on her lips, visible only to those who looked closely. She then skipped her way out of the building.

"Chen Rui! If I don't kill you right now, then let me die so I can haunt you!" Yang Xi's eyes were bloodshot, her once elegant demeanor completely gone. She appeared possessed by a malicious spirit instead.

Mingyan acted like she froze in place, her eyes widening in disbelief as if she couldn't comprehend what she was witnessing. Yang Xi, her friend, was holding a gun and aiming it at Chen Rui. The expression on Yang Xi's face was terrifying, causing Mingyan to grow pale with fear.

Meanwhile, Chen Rui anxiously scanned the entrance of Brilliant Stars. When she spotted Mingyan, her eyes lit up with relief. "Gu Mingyan, you're here!" she exclaimed, rushing over and gripping Mingyan's arm tightly, tears streaming down her face.

Finally snapping out of her frozen state, Mingyan attempted to inquire about the situation, but before she could speak, Chen Rui frantically sought refuge behind her. Mingyan's eyes gleamed mischievously. Taking advantage of the moment, she allowed Chen Rui to shield herself behind Mingyan's arms, before swiftly sidestepping just as a gunshot rang out.