Arc 2: Chapter 3

Adounis didn't understand the ache in his heart, but he followed his instinct and pulled the girl into his arms, wiping away her tears. The expression on his face was as if he was holding someone he treasured.

This beautiful scene was so surreal that the onlookers had their mouths wide open. The folks back home would surely explode when they found out about this!

Why were the events today so juicy!?

Adounis couldn't care less what others thought as he was preoccupied with comforting the girl, who hadn't stopped crying for a long time. His free hand patted her soft hair as he brushed against the metal collar on her neck. His eyes narrowed dangerously. He knew it was a slavery collar, and the girl was a slave to a guy named Brand.

He hadn't even considered it seriously, but he already decided to place the guy on his blacklist.

Sevianna was only able to stabilize her emotions when her throat had gone dry. Her eyes had become puffy, and her nose and cheeks were red. When she noticed that she was still in the stranger's arms, she tried to push him away. However, he was too strong, so she ended up pushing herself away instead.

She almost fell back because she hadn't found her balance yet. Thankfully, Adounis caught her in time and helped her regain her balance.

Sevianna eyed the stranger suspiciously before placing her right hand on her left chest and bowing slightly. "Thank you," she said, offering the highest sign of respect. Then, she turned around.

She was about to leave when her arm was caught again. Her brows knitted in annoyance. However, inside, she was screaming with reluctance.

Sevianna: 'Ahhh, I don't want to leave him!!! What if he hooks up with other girls?? I don't even know him!! Ah, that's right! His name is Adounis! But that's not enough ~ !!!' cries

Lily: 'It's okay! I'm sure if he's really Shen Yan, then he wouldn't dare!'

Sevianna glared at the man's red eyes. She had shown such a shameful sight, yet this man wouldn't let her go. What else did he want?

Adounis was not offended in the least by her glare. Rather, he liked it. He liked those lively eyes staring at him even though daggers seemed to be coming out of them. He knew the girl must have been embarrassed by her actions, so he decided not to tease her.

He bit his thumb, enough for blood to seep through, and reached for the collar on her neck. Under the wide eyes of his four acquaintances and the girl herself, he let his blood rewrite the slavery contract's ownership.

A magic circle suddenly appeared under their feet and it glowed in white and red lights, then it gradually died down. Sevianna's mouth hung open as she tried to process what had just happened. 'Wasn't that a change of ownership?!'

She had also thought of this option before. But her slavery collar was as rare as being the only one in the world because it was made by Brand. It would only work if the person who was to become her new master had a closer relationship with her than him. Since Sevianna's closest person had only been him, he was so confident to the point that he let Sevianna go anywhere she wanted. The collar was also able to pinpoint her location so she had nowhere to run.

But now, it had been changed so simply.

The original soul would like to comment: 'WTF?!'

Sevianna felt like crying again. This had to be her Yan ge, right? Or else, why was he able to change the ownership when they were practically strangers? Then, was the red thread supposed to be his soul?

Sevianna was even more determined to stay in this world. Her Yan gege was here, where else should she be? Her Yan ge even literally claimed ownership of her.