Arc 2: Chapter 12

A red-faced Sevianna was boiling in anger while she stood on the same spot for half a day. She was so angry at Adounis' stubborn personality, but she was particularly angry that he had successfully deceived her! 

'That kiss was too unfair!'

She was only able to calm herself when the sun was visibly setting down. She took her first step from her spot and noticed a presence on her right. 

It was Gareth.

He actually left his personal guard behind! Now, Sevianna was even more worried.

Yet her thoughts were distracted by Gareth's strange look. He had on an indifferent expression but his face, ears, and neck were in a deep shade of red while his eyes darted here and there as if he was desperately avoiding looking at her.

"What?" Sevianna was akin to an erupting volcano. Somehow she felt that even the most irrelevant things might get her to explode at that moment.

Gareth's face cracked for a bit. He lowered his head and looked at the ground. "Miss ... Please change your clothes ..."

Only then did Sevianna noticed her outfit. That's right, she had originally just got out of bed and intentionally dressed this way to tease Adounis. 'Even the beauty trap didn't work!' 

Sevianna stomped towards her room and closed the door with a bang—creating a beautiful masterpiece of cracks on the walls.

After a minute, she opened it with a calmer but colder look on her face. Unfortunately, the door couldn't handle her strength anymore and just simply gave up. It fell off of its latches and landed on the floor.

Sevianna merely gave it a glance. 

She had changed into the same dress she had worn when she first met Adounis. Don't ask her why, but she suddenly felt the need for it. She strode towards the protective force field that surrounded the entire castle, which was now visible since it merged with the sealing spell.

Gareth followed behind her.

She was observing the thin-looking transparent wall and couldn't help but furrow her brows. That Adounis actually made the highest grade of sealing spell! There were even modifications on it that she couldn't understand. She bit her lip in anger. She found nothing in Sevianna's memories that could help her. And though she could probably just use brute force to break it, that was her soul's power and not Sevianna's. The moment she breaks it, the world would kick her out for sure!

Sevianna bit her lip before murmuring all kinds of curses. She was left with no choice but to wait for Lily. So she crossed her legs and sat down, venting her frustration to the poor weeds.

Lily's existence was special. Her soul merged with Sevianna's, allowing her to roam freely without fear of being discovered by the world. She was an invisible presence, possessing not only Sevianna's memories but also some of her power.

Gareth looked on helplessly. He was tasked by his master to keep an eye on Sevianna - to keep her well-fed, make sure she didn't sleep late, and ensure she didn't escape. Honestly, he felt like he had downgraded to being a nanny.

He noticed that the moon was halfway up the sky and the temperature outside was growing colder. Even though he knew that fallen angels have a higher resistance to sickness, he was afraid that if his master knew he let Sevianna stay outside, he'd get a sword to slice his neck.

"Miss, please come back inside. It's cold."

Sevianna didn't move. She didn't even acknowledge his presence. It was as if the air was talking instead.