Arc 2: Chapter 21

Sevianna was startled awake. What did she just say?

"W- Wait! T- that was- mph!"

Her lips were quickly blocked once again - effectively stopping any words of protest she was about to say.

Sevianna: 'Finally!' *throws confettibomb*

Lily: 'And you were just about to torture him' *sweat*

Sevianna: 'It's not me!' *pouts* 'Sevianna is such a tsundere so I'd be going out of character if I at least don't act like it~'

Sevianna and Lily's conversation had gone off a tangent while Adounis was busily distracting her thoughts of protest through his lips. He hadn't let her go even after she furiously slapped his chest. Rather, he held her tighter instead.

That night, it was only understandable that Sevianna didn't come back to her maiden family's castle. Not when she didn't even notice how she got to the bed, her clothes a mess, and Adounis topping her while his hands naughtily roamed.

She was not able to utter a single word of protest, and in the end, she surrendered.

If not for Selyph's and Sheila's reigns over the men, the king of angels and his three sons would have long barged into Adounis' castle. They were terribly pissed but were also helpless. It wasn't that they didn't like Adounis - they have long been won over - but they were unwilling to admit that their princess was leaving again. It was just recently they had finally met her, but someone was so eager to tie her down with marriage! How could they simply let it happen?

But against Selyph's and Sheila's icy glares that seemed to freeze them in place, they were helpless. They could only seethe in anger and silently wait for the dreaded news to come in the morning.

Their predictions, fortunately to the women but unfortunately to the men, were right on point.

Adounis brought back a red-faced Sevianna around noon and bowed like a proper son-in-law. "Please give us your blessings."

Sevianna's face couldn't be redder. She wanted to escape right then but Adounis' hold on her hand was as if they were glued to each other. She slowly but surely bowed with an exploding red face.

"That's only natural!" Selyph enthusiastically pulled the newly engaged couple while ignoring her father's gloomy stare.

"Of course we'll give our blessings! Right ~?" Sheila chimed in and smiled widely at the gloomy men. Her sweet smile contrasted to the bone-chilling warning in her eyes. The men felt their backs sweat and wanted to cry. 

What about family hierarchy? Is this really a patriarchal society?

The whole family - along with a new extra member -sat down for dinner with a table filled with luxurious dishes. It seemed that the women have already organized this feast beforehand. Sevianna didn't know what to say. Should she be amazed at their talent for predicting? Or was her answer really that obvious?

She silently nibbled her food while her hand was being squeezed by Adounis under the table. He was actually playing with her hand in front of her family! Sevianna used her nails to dig lightly at his palms.

But she didn't know that her warning had made the man beside her excited instead. His throat bobbed up and down as he used all his mental strength to appear calm. And he continued to play with her hand.

The meal was harmonious.

Well, aside from the fact that the four mean across the table, facing the two women and the couple, were stress-eating because of helplessness. Then, the meal could be said to be delicious and merry.