Arc 2: Chapter 7

Sevianna couldn't decide if she should thank him for giving her another opportunity to wear her favourite dress or to cry from being overly sentimental. In the end, she could only keep these thoughts in her heart.

Their date was over and Adounis was satisfied. He felt a growing desire in his heart telling him that he could do this every day if only he captured her heart. He wanted to rush but he was afraid he would make a mistake.

Their journey back home mirrored their journey to Stella Kingdom. The only thing that was different was the teddy bear clutched in Sevianna's chest and the gentler atmosphere between the two.

It wasn't long before two weeks have passed and they were once again sitting in the same carriage they had taken to Stella Kingdom, and they were heading to the main castle. Adounis had taken everyone for this trip and left a few guards to protect his castle.

When they arrived at a tall, pure black gate, the guards merely swept their glance at the grand parade and immediately opened the gate. Sevianna found that this kingdom had a central theme of dark-toned colors and a love for floating buildings. The roads were also floating, while underneath was a large pool of lava. Here, the devils were more unreserved and didn't hide their wings and horns.

They all headed for the west part of the kingdom, and what fascinated Sevianna the most was a castle that was upside down. Turns out, that was Adounis' castle in the main city. Although the exterior of the castle was upside down, the inside was completely normal.

There were more than two rows of people waiting for their arrival. Adounis got down first, but he only took one step on the ground before turning back to Sevianna, his hand outstretched, intending to help her down.

She suddenly had a deja vu.

Sevianna's lips curled up slightly. It had only been a month and a half, but her heart was already starting to heal. She lowered her head and tried to hide her delighted face, but Adounis had seen her small change. He was startled into a daze. Wouldn't it be wonderful if he could see her wide, sweet smile?

Sevianna placed her hand on his palm, but Adounis didn't react. "Adounis?"

Adounis blushed when he heard her soft voice. His hand holding hers gently tightened, and he carefully guided her off the carriage.

"Welcome back, Your Highness. Welcome, young miss."

The moment Sevianna stepped out, the people greeted in unison. They had been outright warned before their arrival that they had a new lady boss coming with their master. And that the consequences for offending her were worse than offending their master. To this statement, they were utterly shocked.

Sevianna was surprised at their greeting. She turned to Adounis and understood. He had done it for her. She closed her eyes for a moment and cooled her swelling happiness. Such a touching consideration, but she dared not believe it.

The Demon King's birthday was a grand celebration. Every single influential person, from the compounds of the main city to all the corners of the world, was invited. For Sevianna to attend this major banquet with the status of Prince Adounis' slave, it was inevitable that she was privately scrutinized.

Her dual aura had also been spread, and rumors about her being the child of an angel and a devil quickly became the hottest topic. When the king heard this, his already low impression of Sevianna dropped drastically. It could be said that he was not pleased to hear about another "bastard" child aside from the "bastard" prince.

So before the banquet even began, Sevianna's reputation in higher devil society had reached such a low level of disgust and hostility.

However, the person herself did not care, nor did she care to think of giving any gift to the king. If it weren't for the feeling that her heart was steadily opening up again, she might have had the idea to crash the party. She had heard the Demon King was the strongest, so maybe he could end her suffering?