Arc 2: Chapter 17

Thousands of feet above the ground and hidden behind the clouds, were numerous floating islands with irregular shapes. The large islands held tall and beautifully structured marble buildings that were surrounded by overgrown lush trees and vibrant flowers. Animals frolicked the area and at its center, was a giant castle with four tall towers in each of its corners. 

This was the angels' territory.

Inside the castle, a heavy atmosphere pervaded the audience chamber as the King of angels, sitting on his royal throne, donned on a gloomy look. The messenger across from him was about to beg for forgiveness - for what he was asking forgiveness for, he had no idea.

Thankfully, one of the King's subjects pitied him. "My King, what would you have us do?" He said cautiously as he also feared for his life.

The King knitted his brows further and carefully worded his thoughts. "She is the only seraphim."

His words got the confirmation from everyone in the room. Their heads moving up and down while some stroked their long beards along with their nodding.

"We should send her a messenger to tell her to come home."

"The devils are not fools. They'll kill the messenger before they get to her."

"We'll send a dominion then!" The angel who suggested raised his chest and felt proud at his advice.

But one of them scowled.

"We've lost a lot in the recent war! We can't afford to lose another."

"But a million dominions can't compare to even one seraphim."

"She's being guarded by a dragon and the entire devil race!"

"Tsk! That Shyvva ought to remember who is superior! What is he doing making an enemy out of us?!"

"My King! We need him out first before we can get our seraphim!"

"ENOUGH!"

Suddenly, an invisible force made everyone in the room slide back. Their faces were pale as they used their own force to lessen their pain. Finally, everyone was silent - their attention had shifted to controlling their power for defense.

The King had an irritated expression while sweeping his sharp eyes to everyone in the room. His piercing gaze made them tuck their heads in fear, and coupled with his domineering force, they were drenched in cold sweat.

He was only satisfied when one of them couldn't take the pressure anymore and fell to his knees. He abruptly took back his power, leaned back in his chair, and held his cheek with the back of his hand. His abrupt actions made everyone stumbled back and fall to their butts on the floor. Only a few were able to remain standing.

Fortunately for them, the king didn't acknowledge their weak strength. "I'll personally take care of Shyvva." He continued and didn't bother with their doubtful gazes. "Come if you want. I'm visiting Antitheus next week." Then, he sank into his deep thoughts while a longing look appeared on his chiselled face for a split second.

His words made everyone stunned. Their mouths were hanging open and their eyes bulged. A king was visiting the enemy's territory? He said he was visiting! Even if they wanted to believe he said it in sarcasm, he didn't! He genuinely sounded as if he was going on a trip! What the heck?!

"My King! That is inappropriate!"

When one of them recovered from the shock and quickly protested, the rest followed. The king should not be leaving his kingdom. The king should not be visiting the enemy's place. The king should not be so reckless even if it was for a seraphim. Should not this, should not that.