Arc 1: Epilogue

After the original soul's wishes were fulfilled, Mingyan's life was 30% dedicated to singing while the remaining 70% was dedicated to Shen Yan.

It couldn't be helped. This was the first time in the longest while that she loved someone to the point she couldn't be apart from him for more than a few days. Otherwise, she'd be drowned in her own fear and loneliness.

Shen Yan seemed to have been infected as well. He would be shaking with restlessness if he didn't see Mingyan within three days.

Just like this, the now husband and wife's stickiness with each other was even stronger than epoxy glue, and the people who were fed this golden dog food could only helplessly eat it.

During their honeymoon, they traveled the world for about three months and wanted to continue playing around, but they couldn't neglect their work too much for fun, so they finally came home.

Throughout those days, Mingyan gradually became assertive to the point that Shen Yan would be helplessly—and delightedly—under her as she sometimes took control of their sexual activities.

It was a year later when Mingyan found out that she was pregnant that she eventually announced to the public that she was a married woman. Along with that earth-shattering news came the fact that she was pregnant.

The whole world was literally stunned for a full three seconds before screaming in shock. They hadn't even come to know who the "secret lover" was, and she had already married him?!

It seemed that Mingyan's tendency to cause "little" troubles here and there had still not been cured.

Mingyan's confession was done in a post on her Weibo with a picture of hers and Shen Yan's hands wearing their wedding rings, holding the ultrasound result.

Ming ❤ Yan: "I won't be appearing in any shows at the moment. My angel is coming ❤ // picture"

Then, what came together with her post were articles that explained the overview of Gu Mingyan's life from her birth until adulthood. Everyone immediately came to a consensus that she was the real-life Cinderella of the modern world.

Despite the fans' glass hearts breaking, they still supported Mingyan. But supporting was one thing and curiosity was another. Who was the lucky husband?!

After much contemplation and hesitation, Mingyan finally decided to share a picture of herself and Shen Yan seated together on a tropical island, lounging on the white sand beneath the shelter of palm trees. She had been reluctant at first because she did not want to share him. On the contrary, Shen Yan wanted the whole world to know that she was his, so he took great efforts to convince Mingyan to upload the post.

The post immediately took the first spot in the trending list and remained there for months. One reason was the fact that the "secret lover" rumors had become a normal topic in household conversations, especially during meal times. Another reason was Shen Yan's identity.

Isn't this person the one who holds the highest capital in China? There was a private saying that you could offend the president, just don't offend the Shens because they represent half of the economic value in China.

Holy shit! Our goddess got married to him??

For a while, Mingyan's fans were bewildered. They suddenly felt like their life was a lie.

Mingyan's firstborn child was Shen Wei, a boy, and she immediately attracted envious gazes from madams and newlywed wives. She actually gave birth to a male heir right away. Isn't she too lucky? Even Mingyan herself couldn't believe her luck.

Mingyan had children before. And though, it might sound cruel, they were not born out of love. Most of the time, in cases like this, it was because she had transmigrated into the body of a mother. Other times, she was already pregnant, or it was part of the original soul's wish.