Arc 1: Chapter 5

Their date concluded with Mingyan escaping to her room.

Since Shen Yan had resolved to pursue her, he took advantage of her invitation and slept in the room on the same floor as hers. In the morning, he woke up feeling refreshed, having enjoyed a good night's sleep for the first time in a while.

He diligently made a simple breakfast: toasted slices of bread, fried eggs, and a glass of milk for Mingyan. Then he went to knock on her door. "Yanyan are you awake?" His hearing was very good. After a few moments, he heard some movements behind the door and soft pats of steps that was coming over.

The door opened to reveal a sleepy Mingyan with an adorable bedhead while wearing shorts ... again. Shen Yan focused his eyes on her face instead, but the dazed look of the newly awakened Mingyan did nothing to calm his heart. How long could he restrain himself?

He took a deep breath before fixing her curling hair. "Come eat breakfast. You have a recording to do don't you?"

Mingyan absentmindedly nodded and simply brushed aside the fact that he knew her schedule. Then, she obediently followed him downstairs, tugging at his shirt. The dining room was filled with the fragrance of cooked eggs. Though the sun had yet to rise from the horizon, the sky was already bright. The atmosphere as they ate was very heartwarming.

Shen Yan dreaded the thought of losing it. Having spent eight years in darkness, never glimpsing even the faintest light, he cherished these rare moments.

He drove her to Brilliant Stars, where the recording studio for her new song was located, and bid her farewell with a kiss on the forehead. "Call me when you're done," he said naturally.

Mingyan stepped out of the car, feeling like she could fly. His kiss was lingering on her forehead as she hurried inside without looking back, her face and ears flushed red.

Shen Yan chuckled at her retreating figure. "Heartless," he teased, though his expression betrayed his amusement, especially as he noticed her blushing ears.

Mingyan only calmed down after walking a few steps away from the sliding door. Her blushing face disappeared, replaced by an indifferent expression. She took a few deep breaths before heading to the elevator. Behind her, a staff member watched her quick change of expression with curiosity.

'Celebrities are weird, man,' they thought.

The recording studio was located on the 16th floor. As she stepped into the room, she noticed a guy with blonde hair and blue, arrogant eyes sitting on the couch in the corner, his legs were crossed and his demeanor appeared a bit obnoxious."

"Who are you?" He asked in English.

The two other people in the room were panicking internally. Both of them looked like twins, with black hair, brown eyes, and nearly identical facial features. The assistant standing beside the arrogant guy, who had dark brown hair and blue eyes, gave a mocking smile.

Mingyan's expression remained unchanged. She stared at him indifferently before replying in fluent English, "None of your business."

The guy, nevertheless, was stunned. It wasn't about how no one would ever retaliate against him in America. He was more surprised that this small Chinese girl knew how to speak English, and fluently at that! The assistant shared his disbelief.

The twins applauded Mingyan happily, disregarding any potential disrespect. They gratefully thanked her with sparkles in their eyes.

"What did you say?!" He persisted in English, taunting Mingyan.

"..."

"Hey! I'm talking to you!"

But there was no response.