Arc 2: Chapter 1

Aria's eyes fluttered open to the sounds of birds chirping nearby. 

She was lying face-flat on the bed in a wooden room, wearing a black dress. There was a thin black collar around her neck, and on her feet were exquisite anklets that seemed to have been made out of dark metal. Aria shifted and tried to lay on her back when she felt a heavy weight near her shoulder blades. When she looked at what it was, black feathers entered her vision. She actually had black wings that occupied almost half the bed space.

She blinked her eyes in surprise. 'Wings? Moreover, black wings?' But it only momentarily stunned her as she had other priorities in mind.

She glanced at her wrist and found that the red thread was gone. She quickly descended into panic, jumping out of bed and looking around, but she didn't know where it could have gone. Her heart was filled with fear at the idea that she might have lost the red thread.

"Calm down, Aria! I saw it submerging into your skin," Lily quickly said, afraid that Aria's unstable emotions might destroy another world again.

Aria's fears were eased slightly. She felt her empty wrist and found that there didn't seem to be anything different. Still, Lily was telling the truth. Their souls were etched together, so it was easy for both of them to know whether either of them was lying. But her brows furrowed as she wondered what had happened to the red thread.

Lily bounced on the bed where Aria had been lying and amidst her jumps, she said, "I just got the full information. Are you ready~?"

Aria was brought back to reality from her deep thoughts. Then, she nodded. The sooner she was done with the wishes, the sooner she could see her Yan ge.

Her new body was that of a fallen angel called Sevianna Louscatt. Her life was what Aria summarized as a tragic love story.

When Sevianna was born, her mother suddenly went missing, and her father, obsessed with her mother, blamed her for the disappearance. Because of this, she grew up not knowing what it felt like to have loving parents. Her father was the chieftain of their village, which made it even harder for her to get his attention.

Sevianna was just like any other angel - proud, justice-seeking, and blindly obedient to authority. Until one day, when she ventured out on her own and was caught by demons stronger than her. Fortunately, a human boy called Brand timely saved her. And like any other tragic love story, Sevianna fell for her savior. Ever since that day, she would venture out of town and meet up with Brand, gradually falling to the point where she would do anything he wanted.

One day, when Brand's parents were killed by thieves, he begged Sevianna to help him get his revenge. Sevianna, as a justice-seeker, could not take such a crime lying down. So she helped him. And the result was what she had become.

She had fallen.

Distraught and scared, she went back to her town only to find her father at the entrance. She hadn't even had the chance to explain what happened when he unhesitatingly announced he was disowning her. Sevianna's angelic views were soon shattered, and her beliefs were becoming disoriented. Coupled with the fact that she had fallen, she could no longer feel the need to aid, heal, and love.

But just as she was about to turn her back on everyone and simply cease to exist, Brand placed a slavery collar on her neck, binding her life to him.

Brand was actually a "hero" tasked with killing the demon king. The "thieves" who killed his parents were actually people from a different faction who sought to stop him from succeeding in his mission so that the one they supported could get the honor instead. Brand needed all the strong forces he could get, and Sevianna, who was now a fallen angel, had retained her light powers but was now immune to dark attributes.