Arc 1: Chapter 10

Shen Yan had gotten home to find Mingyan holed up in her studio. 

He froze at the entrance with one foot inside the room and his hand on the doorknob. The girl had tied her hair up into a bun and she was wearing a baggy peach long sleeve shirt with crumpled style pink shorts.

Seeing her wear shorts again, Shen Yan smiled helplessly. He definitely remembered buying her a drawer full of pants, but unfortunately, Mingyan didn't even glance at them. When he asked why she didn't want to wear them, she said, "I-It's because... If I keep wearing them... Y-You'll keep glancing at me—" Afterwards, she ran away.

Since then, Shen Yan gave up. He also stopped 'glancing' at her whenever she wore shorts; instead, he 'stared' at her for a few minutes before reluctantly looking away.

Naturally, Mingyan was red from head to toe during those few minutes.

At the moment, Mingyan was seriously working on the new album. Even Lily dared not disturb her, even when she noticed that Shen Yan had arrived. Shen Yan also didn't want to interrupt her, so he left and headed to the kitchen. He rolled up his sleeves and started to cook soft scrambled eggs topped over white rice. He also cooked some slices of bacon. It was the least he could do.

Then, he placed them on a tray and went back to the studio. Mingyan still hadn't noticed him. Only when the smell of the scrambled eggs and bacon entered her nose did she look up in surprise at Shen Yan.

Shen Yan gave a heartwarming smile. "Don't leave your stomach empty."

The attack was too strong, Mingyan suddenly felt dizzy.

Lily: 'Oh no! Are you okay?!'

Mingyan: ... *Mingyan.exe not working*

Mingyan could only stare at Shen Yan in a daze. She didn't know what to do. His words had caught her off guard, and her heart almost leaped out of her chest. Thankfully, Lily's question woke her up from almost slipping out of character, and she made herself blush, pushing down her sentimental feelings to the furthest depths of her heart.

She nodded and scooted over to make room for Shen Yan on the edge of the seat. Carefully, she arranged the scattered papers on the table and placed them to the side.

The simple meal was finished quickly by both of them. Then Shen Yan patted her head. "Don't stay up too late," he advised before leaving, carrying the tray with empty dishes and glasses.

Mingyan watched him leave with a complicated expression. Then she turned to look at her first song and looked at it carefully. She decided to revise it.

Meanwhile, Shen Yan walked over to the balcony in his room and dialed a string of numbers. He patiently waited for the call to be picked up.

"Yes, Shen Yan? Did something happen?" On the other side, Aunty Chang held the phone to her ears while her other hand was raised like a stop sign to her husband—whose face looked aggrieved.

"Aunty Chang, could we possibly meet up early tomorrow instead?" Shen Yan's posture straightened, beads of sweat forming on his forehead. He was too preoccupied with his nerves to notice the commotion on Aunty Chang's end as she shielded the phone from her husband's attempts to snatch it away.

"Why? Has something happened to Yan'er?" Uncle Gu's demeanor shifted to serious concern, finally ceasing his efforts to grab the phone from Aunty Chang.

"It's not that," Shen Yan replied, his ears reddening with embarrassment as he carefully chose his words. "Yanyan's going to be on stage for the first time tomorrow... I wanted to be there." He rubbed his neck sheepishly, relieved that it was Aunty Chang who had answered the call. Otherwise, Uncle Gu might have berated him.