Arc 2: Chapter 8

"I am the one pursuing her! She doesn't even love me!"

Those words echoed through the ballroom and into the minds of everyone present. Adounis had never lied before. Which could only mean...

"What the heck! Are you serious?!"

Even Adounis' "bastard" younger brother was stunned. He looked at his potential future sister-in-law with a complicated gaze. Ever since he stepped foot in the castle today, he had a nagging feeling. There was a familiar aura in the surrounding that only he might have noticed from a distance. When he saw this girl, he realized then.

She had both light and dark auras, just like him.

He finally found someone he could relate to! But just as he was internally screaming with joy, he noticed his older brother's intimacy. He felt great reluctance in his heart. On one hand, he was determined to befriend this lady and even had the plan to take it further. On the other hand, his only close relative was in love with this girl. Furthermore, he had already assumed that they were mutually in love.

Who would have thought! His older brother was still pursuing her! Did that mean he had a chance?

While everyone had been stunned by his confession, Sevianna was looking at Adounis' back with glazed eyes. She looked like she wanted to cry. For as long as she could remember, no one had placed her behind them for the purpose of protecting her. Even Brand, when he saved her, had only done so by focusing on the monsters. He had not even taken a glance at Sevianna to see if she was alright.

And yet, against his father, Adounis had unhesitatingly stepped in front of her, blocking her from whatever harm that was directed at her.

She subconsciously touched her chest and felt his dead heart beating again. She dared not believe it. But her beating heart was kept proving her wrong. She was definitely falling in love again.

Sevianna kept her attention on Adounis - on his voice, his words, and his expressions. She wavered.

Why not? Hadn't she asked herself this before? Why not?

Lily: 'Sevianna might not be the most complicated soul, but she definitely is a difficult one. Are you alright, master?'

Sevianna: ...

Lily: 'Master?'

Sevianna: *is too into her role to answer*

Lily: 'Okay...'

If she no longer cared for her life, why not? Sevianna closed her eyes and contemplated. There was no longer any need for her to be afraid. If she dies in the process, if she breaks from this surreal dream, then it was fine.

The Demon King was also in a dilemma. He did not want to hurt his son, but if he had to use force to wake him up, then he'll do it! He exerted more force, causing his eyes to glow red and his hair to dance wildly.

At the receiving end of his invisible power, Adounis stubbornly held his ground with his meagre force. Actually, the fact that he could still stand was proof of his power. Others would have long been flattened on the ground.

Sevianna felt that Adounis was reaching his limit, and her heart ached at the thought that he was hurting himself for her. She moved before she could think twice.

She pulled the pale Adounis behind her, and with a wave of her hand, she nullified the Demon King's power. The raging winds abruptly stopped, and the surroundings stilled. Sevianna's eyes glowed a brighter red than the Demon King's. A furious look appeared on her once stoic face.

"Enough. This is ridiculous." Her voice was neither loud nor soft, but it reverberated in everyone's hearts.

She instantly won the praises of the faction that were secretly against the King. If they were to look for a regime change, this girl would definitely be a wonderful queen candidate! Or so they thought.