Arc 2: Chapter 14

"Sevianna, you unfilial child! I said get over here!" Chief Louscatt shouted once again. His heart was in utter disbelief at the sight in front of him. Never mind a human, but now she was actually with a devil?!

Sevianna seemed to have just noticed his presence. She turned her head and glared menacingly at her father. Even though he was her biological parent, she could not restrain the growing hate in her heart.

"Oh? Greetings mister."

Chief Louscatt's eyes widened. Mister?! "Sevianna!" He was thoroughly enraged.

"Mister, mn!" Sevianna nodded as a matter of fact. She coldly looked straight at his eyes. "What's wrong? Don't tell me you've forgotten the fact that you have disowned me?"

Chief Louscatt's veins bulged in anger. He wanted to retort but couldn't deny the fact that he had really disowned her. His chest heaved up and down as he tried to restrain his rage. With a softer voice, he said, "Come back. Your mother is waiting for you."

'Ha! So this was the reason why he needed Sevianna to go back to the town. The woman he loved finally came back!' Sevianna sneered.

Her mother had indeed returned, but what troubled Chief Louscatt was the realization that the person she sought upon their reunion was none other than her own daughter. She even announced that she was not willing to live again in the town if Sevianna was not there! 

He dared not force her, so he could only look for Sevianna and make her come back.

Sevianna was a bit interested in this mother that she had not even seen once. But that feeling was only curiosity, and she had no intention to deepen it. She made a deadpan look at Chief Louscatt before turning all her focus back at healing Adounis.

Seeing that even Chief Louscatt's words did not stir her, Brand was getting anxious. Fine. She didn't want to come back peacefully? Then, he'll just use force.

Brand vanished before appearing in front of Adounis, intending to take Sevianna from his arms, but Adounis was also quick to react and had hopped a few meters back. Brand landed on an empty ground. 

"Sevianna! That is a devil for goodness sake!" He desperately shouted.

Sevianna was once again disturbed and was starting to get annoyed. She could not understand Brand's obsession when he was clearly the real reason for Sevianna's death in her original fate. She knew that if this person wasn't confronted with the truth, he wouldn't stop.

Sevianna decided. Besides, Adounis sorry figure earlier had been the final strand that broke the defences around Sevianna's heart. She could finally say the words she had longed to say.

She turned to face at the men that had grave and desperate faces. Her demeanor appeared to have gentled, and she wore a sweet look that startled them. 

"I know he is a devil." 

She started to say.

"But I love him. So what?"

Then, she gave them a bright wide smile that reached from ear to ear along with her sparkling eyes that flashed with a bit of playfulness.

This was the truth coming from her heart.

Suddenly, Sevianna radiated in a white light. It had emerged from her chest then it grew bigger until it enveloped her entirety. The light was warm and comfy, Sevianna narrowed her eyes, pleased.

While she was reveling at the warmth, everyone's eyes at the scene were bulging as they saw her black wings and the black hair turning white. It was as if a white paint had been dropped on her black hair and wings, completely erasing any traces of the dark color.