Arc 2: Chapter 5

'This slave is a high ranked devil?! But her aura-'

"Aaa- Hngh!!! - ugh !!!"

Sevianna didn't let her continue dwelling in her thoughts. Her nails had grown longer and turned black as she swiftly grasped the maid's neck and gripped it tightly. The air around her mirrored her rage and circulated rapidly, her hair dancing along with their disoriented rhythm.

"V-Vergina!"

Vergina's scream pierced through the silence of the castle, echoing loudly for all to hear. Three figures swiftly rushed towards the source of the commotion, their hearts pounding with dread as they witnessed the unfolding scene.

Their hearts simultaneously sank as they beheld Sevianna's red eyes. She was no ordinary slave! Pity and annoyance welled within them toward Vergina. Nobody dared to intervene. Despite Gareth's prior warnings, Vergina hadn't listened, bringing this upon herself.

Sevianna didn't turn her eyes away from Vergina, but her aura had intensified upon noticing their presence.

The three suddenly felt a strong force bearing down on them and their faces turned ghastly pale. Their pity shifted to vexation as they realized they wouldn't have been caught up in this situation if it weren't for Vergina. She had always been obedient before. What gave her the courage to disobey the prince's order?

The gardener and cook were not strong enough against Sevianna's pressure. Their knees buckled as blood was seeping through their mouths.

This dangerous atmosphere was only broken by a series of hurried footsteps.

"What's happening?"

Adounis appeared from a sharp corner with a frigid look on his face, but his eyes betrayed his uneasiness. He had felt the disturbance in the air as soon as he stepped foot in the castle, and his complicated mind couldn't help but overthink. He worried that something had happened to Sevianna, completely forgetting the fact that he had brought all his secret guards to his castle to guard her and even created several layers of protective force fields— not even a fly dared to enter.

Sevianna's eyes finally moved. She turned to face Adounis with her eyes still glowing red, and her rage-filled aura continued to form a vortex. She had no intention of letting this girl go.

Adounis found his cook and gardener on the ground, while his butler barely stood. There was a flash of understanding on his face before it turned rigid again upon seeing Sevianna's red eyes.

This time, her displeasure was more evident.

But Adounis didn't even spare a glance at Vergina, who was struggling to talk. Seeing that Sevianna was unharmed, his alarmed heart calmed down, and his worried face eased up.

"What's wrong?" His voice clearly gentled.

Sevianna's eyes rippled. She hadn't expected his tenderness to persist even when she undoubtedly held the life of one of his people. Her vexed heart somewhat softened.

"Your Highness! I-I've been wronged!! Ack—!"

Sevianna's grip loosened for a moment, and Vergina took the opportunity to save herself — or at least that's what she thought. Sevianna's grip tightened again before she could continue. But she believed that was enough. Surely, their prince wouldn't stand by someone he had only known for a month!

Adounis appeared oblivious to her accusations and continued to dotingly stare at Sevianna. "I haven't seen you for hours. Won't you at least greet me?" He tried his best to soften his voice and unintentionally dragged it as well. His eyes grew bigger, resembling a puppy begging for attention.