Arc 2: Chapter 25

Sevianna almost rolled her eyes. They've been running around for three months and his still yet to be satisfied? She didn't acknowledge him and merely continued observing the castle.

Adounis had been initially satisfied. But when he saw the castle nearing at a distance, he suddenly wanted to turn back and go for another trip. He really didn't want to go back and work. After indulging himself with his wife, how could he go back to a "mundane" life?

He glumly nudged his head on Sevianna's neck.

"Stop that!" Sevianna tried to push his head away with a red face. Her heart was not ready to be harassed out in the public, especially when her maids also bowed down their heads with similarly red faces.

Adounis heard her but merely let her words pass from the left ear then out to the other.

He stayed glued to her neck as they arrived back to the castle, where everyone was waiting with helpless expressions. They're finally back!

From that moment on, the guards around the marriage couple increased. The poor families were not ready to experience another three months of waiting in the dark. It's really not good for their hearts to leave them with no news at all, understand? They could only keep such thoughts in their mind as they couldn't bear to scold them when they saw their rosy complexions. 

Ay, it was difficult enough to be showered constantly by dog food, but did they have to suffer from worry as well?

This three months of honeymoon better get them another little heir! Even better if it was a little princess!

Adounis reluctant took over as a King again while Sevianna went back to being a freeloader as she had always been. And not a week had past when she felt her strength getting absorbed again by a force in her belly. The familiar feeling stunned her.

In the middle of the garden, she was sitting while she was surrounded by her animal friends. She smiled brightly as she caressed her belly. Then, she suddenly had an idea. She gathered her little friends into a huddle, and with a playful look, she told them to send the working Adounis this wonderful news.

The animals nodded solemnly. Then, rushed towards Antitheus in full speed.

The sight of cats, dogs, birds, deers, and even a bear made the devils in Antitheus stand rooted on their spot. There was an influx of them - enough to cover the wide streets of Antitheus and block the carriages that were on their way. 

It was truly an interesting and shocking scene.

Sitting on the throne of the main castle, Adounis was listening to his ministers with a cold face. The ministers were talking about all sorts of problems about the kingdom and only some were positive news. Adounis really wished he could just go home and cuddle with his wife rather than dealing with the ministers' various schemes.

It was when he was at the peak of his anger that the castle doors were suddenly banged open, and in came a variety of animals, barging in towards Adounis' throne. They all skidded to a stop just a few meters away from him.

The ministers stared in shock. What was happening?

Adounis blink his eyes in bewilderment and his growing rage instantly dissipated. It was only a given that he knew about each and every one of Sevianna's little friends.

Under the flabbergasted looks of the ministers, the little animals bowed in front of Adounis. Then, a white deer came forward. With Sevianna's "blessing," he was the only one given the ability to speak.

"Husband of our friend, our friend is pregnant."

He was still not good at his articulation, but he was still able to deliver the message. He felt proud at his achievement, before bowing back respectfully.