Arc 2: Chapter 19

Devian had a terrible headache. 

His mouth was constantly twitching as he watched the six carriages stop at the main castle in an orderly fashion on a projected image that he had made. He held his forehead and massaged them every now and then, but it did nothing to ease his headache.

He really came!

What's worse was that he didn't come alone!

He wanted to leave his throne then and escape somewhere far away from his heedless friend. Although he was curious about his visit, he didn't want to meet him.

Alas, uniform footsteps had already arrived behind the two huge doors leading to the main castle's audience chamber. It was too late for Devian to escape.

He watched, in slow motion, as the devils guarding the door open it with ghastly pale faces. His widely smiling friend strode right in, and his holy aura had lit up the gloomy room. 

Devian frowned in annoyance.

"Ya~! What a face to make when seeing your friend! Can't you be merrier?" Anhel opened his arms as if waiting for Devian's hug.

But he was coldly dismissed.

Devian sighed exaggeratedly. "You ... What are you doing here exactly?"

Anhel made an aggrieved look. "Why not? Is my presence here not welcomed?"

'Of course not! Where the hell do you think you are?! This isn't the human city where you can just barge in uninvited!'

Devian wiped his face furiously. Then, he slumped in his throne with a tired expression. "Have you ever thought about what kind of predicament we'll be in because of your so-called visit?" He waved his hand and a majestic-looking chair, one that didn't lose in the regal aura as his, appeared. It floated to a stop just a few steps away from Anhel.

He didn't bother to give the other's their chairs. He was still the king after all. Even though he could bend some rules for his friend, he couldn't do so to others.

The others by the way was Selyph, the Queen of angels, and the three princes.

'SERIOUSLY?!'

Devian sat upright again when he noticed his other guests. "What the hell! Did you just brought everyone in your family?!" He really could not understand this friend of his. What about Angelus?? Who was governing it right now?? It had probably gone into a riot, didn't it?

He was right on the mark. Right now in Angelus, the angels were frantically searching for their lost royal family. Some ministers had terribly aged and lost a lot of their hair while some lost their beard. 

Their King was at it again!

Apparently, this was a normal occurrence.

Anhel cheerfully sat on the chair and laughed at his friend's outburst. He waved his hand left and right while wearing a casual look. "Don't worry~ My grandsons can handle them~ Did you know that they subjugated a hydra a few days ago? They're my grandson after all!" He held his chin as he nodded his head proudly.

The three princes behind him couldn't help but straighten their posture. Their sons' praises were also indirectly theirs. Pride swelled up in their hearts and their thoughts about their ridiculous father were swept away. Anhel had successfully distracted them from their initial thoughts of scolding him of his reckless visit.

"Honestly you - That's not a proper excuse to give! Have you forgotten that you are a king?!"

Even Devian didn't dare to be as reckless as his friend. If he actually did, by the time he came back, the throne would have long been owned by someone else. And the only way for him to get it back would probably through violence!