Arc 1: Chapter 7

Chen Rui and Yang Xi kept tossing the villain tag to each other, but Mingyan no longer cared. She leaned her head on Shen Yan's shoulder since he was sitting beside her. He had been in the middle of work earlier, so he asked his driver to drive him at the moment. When Mingyan texted that she finished early, he didn't hesitate to abandon his meeting to his trusted aide just to pick her up.

They arrived home an hour before lunch. Mingyan decided to begin her capturing plan by first capturing his stomach. She looked through the fridge and sighed in relief that it wasn't empty. The original Mingyan was also good at cooking, so she had the tools and seasonings ready in the cabinet. She remembered that Shen Yan liked Teriyaki chicken, and it wasn't difficult to cook.

"Mingyan, what are you doing?" Shen Yan felt a bit sad at being left behind in the car right as they got home. He hadn't planned on going back to the company and instead got his assistant to bring the papers to him.

Mingyan was startled and shyly looked at him while holding a pan. "C-Cooking."

"Cooking?" Shen Yan repeated, making sure he hadn't heard it wrong. When Mingyan confirmed, his eyes brightened in excitement, and he nodded his head in understanding. "Do you need help?"

Mingyan shook her head in denial right away. How was she going to cook calmly when he's by her side? She might not be able to differentiate which vegetables to put or what seasoning to use.

Her Yan gege suddenly had a sad face, and she panicked. "No - that's not it! I just thought I wouldn't be able to cook properly if you're here because- because- uhm," tears were already forming in the corner of her eyes as she tried to explain. She was troubled because she couldn't just possibly say her heart wouldn't calm down if he were to watch her cook, right?

The girl looked so cute while she panicked that Shen Yan chuckled. "Don't hurt yourself, okay? I'll be in the living room." He gave one last bright smile before heading to the living room to continue his work.

Mingyan only relaxed when she couldn't hear his footsteps anymore. And only then did Lily appear in a red polka dots dress.

'Are you cooking teriyaki chicken?' Lily hopped onto her shoulder and then onto her head, settling down.

'Yep! It's easy, and he likes it,' Mingyan replied, finally starting to cook.

'What about cookies? I want cookies~' Lily used her soft paws to pat continuously on Mingyan's head.

'Okay okay, I will later. I promise,' she said in a doting tone.

'Yay!!! I want ten! No less!' Lily exclaimed.

Mingyan helplessly complied.

She finished everything in about an hour. After setting down two empty glasses on her oval-shaped dining table, their lunch was ready. She happily skipped to the living room to call her Yan gege, "Yan ge! Lunch is ready~"

Mingyan was still wearing her pink laced apron and had her hair up in a messy bun. Her hair bounced as she made her way to the sofa where Shen Yan was sitting and an ethereal smile was etched on her ever cute face. Shen Yan, who looked up and saw this scene, was startled. Why did this scene seem like a wife calling for her husband for a meal? Shen Yan's heart beat excitedly at that thought.

Shen Yan slowly put away his computer to ease his rapid heartbeat, but Mingyan was too excited, so she directly held his wrist and pulled him to the dining room. "Come on~ You're so slow~!" She had no idea that her touch was testing the man's control.

Shen Yan let her lead him away, but he was seriously holding his breath to stop himself from thinking of pushing the girl to the wall to steal a kiss. His hard-earned experience of patience over the years finally paid off as he reached the table before his desires took control.