Arc 2: Chapter 24

Adounis' words greatly excited the little guy, and Sevianna was taking the brunt. "Hey, enough! His kicking so much!" She frowned as the pain seemed to worsen. Then, she was exasperated.

'Now you want to come out?!'

She quickly tugged at Adounis' shirt. She hadn't even opened her mouth to say anything when Adounis had already carried her in bridal style and strode inside their castle. "Gareth! Quickly call elder Jheal!" A shadow behind one of the trees moved, then vanished.

Sevianna was speechless by both the pain and the little guy's enthusiasm. She was a hundred percent sure that he really wanted to come out. While she was placed unto a soft bed, she poked at Adounis' arms. "You should call Shyvva, too. You promised him after all."

Adounis froze and his eyes widened in bewilderment. "So he got tempted?" His eyes curved in amusement.

Sevianna nodded aggressively. "This is your fault!" She said as she held her bulging stomach in pain.

Adounis immediately went on to comforting her while waiting for the elder, and it only took a few seconds when she came with three girls in tow. Elder Jheal was the same person who had confirmed Sevianna's pregnancy. And she was incredibly honored to be the one to help with her labor as well. She had Adounis wait in the next room with great difficulty as the husband wanted to stay with his wife—

"If you don't want to sleep in the other castle then do as she says!"

—only with Sevianna's help did Adounis bolt out of the room right away.

While he was going in circles because of worry, Sevianna had chanted a soundproofing spell in the room, lest he barged in while she was screaming.

The laboring room was closed for about four hours and by then, everyone had already arrived in the castle. Of course, they didn't wait for Adounis' message but had already placed their own servants in the castle to report to them right away. Adounis was too unreliable when it came to this after all.

Anhel, Devian, Selyph, Sheila, Kleid, and Claude arrived one by one and took their respective spots as they waited with the anxious Adounis. Nathaniel could not come as he had officially taken the position of the king. Actually, Adounis too, had taken over his father's position. But he adamantly refused to sleep in Antitheus' castle when his wife was staying at their own.

The door to the laboring room creaked open and everyone literally stood up. They watched as one of the girl's assisting the elder had brought a baby wrapped up in soft blankets. Selyph quickly took him over, while a dashing Adounis went straight inside the room.

The room was permeated with the smell of blood making him frown in worry. Sevianna saw him approaching and weakly waved her hand. "I'm fine-" Adounis caught her hand.

"You always say that." His frown deepened. He tucked her hand back to the changed, clean blankets, and encased Sevianna into a cocoon. He carried her that way and teleported to their room, gently placing her unto the bed. "Get some rest." He softly said as he landed a kiss to her lips.

Sevianna was too tired to pretend and act bashful, so she merely hummed a sound of acceptance and went into deep sleep.

"Thank you for your efforts." He gave her another kiss, longer than the first, but still a butterfly kiss.

In the other room, Wayward was surrounded by the two families. Their gazes as they looked at him was incredibly sweet. He only had a silver patch of hair on his white head, and his cheeks were rosy and plump. His eyes still closed as he was just newly born.

This fact bothered the already conscious little guy. 'Where's mommy??'

The little Wayward suddenly cried, and the people surrounding him descended into utter panic. They tried to calm the guy in soft whispers, then with children songs. But nothing seemed to work.