Arc 2: Chapter 15

Lily witnessed in person what it meant to be domineering.

At the start of the war, the devils suffered a surprise attack by armies of mixed races - consisting of humans and angels. Who knew how many kingdoms these armies were affiliated with? The devils were at a great disadvantage, especially since Brand was even stronger than Adounis.

But as soon as Shyvva appeared, that initial advantage no longer mattered.

Shyvva, still in human form, released his wings and flew over twenty feet high above the ground. Then, with a lazy wave of his two large wings, he created wind blades that had a homing effect as it chased after the angels and humans. 

It dodged the devils as if it knew they weren't the enemies.

Thousands of screams of agony and bloodcurdling curses filled the now desert-looking city. The grayish sand, left by pulverized debris, was soaked with the deep color of blood.

Shyvva had an indifferent look all throughout the ordeal. He was not disturbed by the flood of blood that he was creating. Only when a splash of blood almost dirtied his precious robe had he not dodged, did he finally showed a reaction - it was disgust.

It only took him a few minutes to wipe out the angels and humans. 

Just a few minutes. 

However, to the people gawking at this inhumane display of strength, they felt as if a few years were shaved off of their lives. Some of them literally aged. Shivers went up their spine as they vowed not to offend this dragon. While the devils felt fear, they were also swelling with pride. 

This dragon was unexpectedly their prince's friend!

Lily had seen all kinds of people. Shyvva was not the first, nor was he the worst, to take thousands of lives without batting an eye. But she was still amused. Every time she found someone like Shyvva, she could not help but see a spitting image of her master.

Speaking of Sevianna, she had really gone overboard this time. She had used a large amount of power to get from the castle to the borders in just a few hours when normally, the journey should have taken her about three days. Then, she was relentlessly using her last bit of magic to heal Adounis. 

She regretted nothing, but her body was now incredibly weak.

Sevianna was completely immobile while she leaned on Adounis' embrace. She had not dared to enter deep sleep in fear that Brand, the potential protagonist of the world, might have other tricks right up his sleeve. She was asleep, but if Adounis softly called for her, she would have definitely woken up.

Adounis left the aftermath of the fight to the generals and marshals who "graciously" volunteered. While he ignored their twitching mouths after he ordered them to rebuild the city, he strode towards Shyvva.

Shyvva had turned back into his dragon form and laid his neck flat on the ground to let his friend ride on his back. Then, he swiftly glided up the sky, leaving the desperately catching up devils to their own.

Sevianna suddenly felt the harsh wind, but Adounis stopped it with his barrier. She woke up with a blurry vision and raised her head to squint at the oblivious man beside her. When her vision cleared, she saw his handsome face, one that could win the hearts of millions of girls, up close.

Her cheeks gradually went red as her heart skipped a beat. She had closed her eyes when they kissed before, so it was her first time seeing his face in close proximity. She pushed on his hard chest with both hands, intending to escape.

But she was too weak!

Adounis instinctively tightened his hold on Sevianna's waist when he felt her move back. They were thousands of feet above the ground. What if she fell? He took a look at what was the matter and immediately, his gaze darkened.