Arc 1: Chapter 13

Even though Xiao Xi felt a headache coming on, she knew that this was also a good chance to gauge the public's reaction to Mingyan being in a relationship. At the very least, when Mingyan and Shen Yan actually announced their relationship, there would be fewer hearts to break.

Mingyan was getting busy. She had numerous requests for variety shows, and a tour had just been announced. With her music video released, the hype only intensified. Although she was reluctant to leave Shen Yan's side, she had to travel from one country to another for her tour with her album. Currently, she was in Las Vegas.

Mingyan wasn't the only one unwilling to part. Shen Yan had sleepless nights before Mingyan's flight. The two looked as if they were parting for eternity as they hugged each other for a very long time at the airport. If it weren't for the fact that Mingyan was riding a private plane, she would have missed her flight long ago.

Shen Yan would have loved to come, even if it meant returning to a mountain pile of work. But he had a more pressing matter to attend to: his proposal and wedding preparations. Yes, Shen Yan would probably be the only guy who would propose without considering the possibility of the person being proposed to saying no—already preparing for the wedding without receiving an official reply.

Only after they promised each other to call every morning upon waking up and every night before going to bed did they finally part ways.

Thus began Mingyan's quest to conquer the international music industry, while her future self-proclaimed husband took care of their wedding arrangements.

Mingyan had toured through all of Asia in just four months and was now preparing to tour the eastern side of the world. As she toured, she was constantly creating new songs, sometimes even altering the setlist of her concerts based on their popularity.

Currently, she was sitting near a floor-to-ceiling window, holding a pen in one hand and a glass of milk in the other. The paper on the table in front of her remained blank, reflecting her expression. She wore only a bathrobe, as she was alone.

Lily, her loyal companion, was playing with the flowers in a nearby vase when she noticed her master's somber mood.

"Mingyan~ What's wrong?" Lily hopped towards the blank paper and sat on it, looking up at her master's dazed expression.

"I miss him," Mingyan replied softly.

Lily immediately fell backward, her head landing on the table. "But you just talked to him for an hour ten minutes ago," she exclaimed.

"Mm," Mingyan nodded solemnly. "But I still miss him," she stated matter-of-factly.

Lily was at a loss for words. What could she say to comfort her love-deprived master? This was far beyond her expertise, okay?

"What do you want to do? The second wish is almost fulfilled anyway," Lily remarked, returning to playing with her flowers, no longer concerned about the lovesick couple.

That realization only deepened Mingyan's sense of despair. Despite doing everything she could to expedite the process, there were still factors beyond her control. Concert tickets needed to be sold, rehearsals needed to be completed, and venues needed to be filled. The sheer scale of her concerts made it almost impossible to accomplish everything in a single day.

Yet, Mingyan's impatience and longing for Shen Yan continued to gnaw at her. She couldn't bear the thought of waiting even one more day to be in his arms again.

Mingyan wracked her brain, and finally, the next day, she shared her plan with Xiao Xi. The poor manager's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets in astonishment. "I'll go arrange it right away!" she exclaimed, sprinting towards the elevator.